St. Sava Temple1807 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Svetosavski Square | Karadjordje's Park, Vracar, Belgrade 011, Serbia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +381-113348958
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
This church of white marble and granite, vast and grand, defies description. It’s new (construction started in the 20th century), and still incomplete, though you won’t be able to tell that at a casual glance. The architecture is Serbian-Byzantine. It was thought that in 1595, the Sinan-Pasha burned the relics of Saint Sava here, but this has since been proven inaccurate.
The church can hold 10000 people at a time. Its polyphonic bells sound every hour. On the inside though, it’s not so impressive. You’re better off clicking pictures from the outside. Once it IS finished on the inside though, it’ll join the ranks of the greatest churches in the world.
St. Sava Temple Travel Tips
- If you come in the evening, after the sun has gone down, you’ll see the church looking magically lit up. It’s a sight worth coming for.
How to Reach St. Sava Temple
- tram 9, 10, 14
- bus 31, 33, 44, 47, 48, 59
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belgrade before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belgrade and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.52% of people who visit Belgrade include St. Sava Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
51% of people start their St. Sava Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Sava Temple
91.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Sava Temple