The Royal CompoundCurrently Closed
- Address: Baje Pivljanina bb, Belgrade, Serbia
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +381-0113343460
- Ticket Price: 450 RSD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
There are two parts to these palaces, built in Belgrade’s most luxurious area. There is the White Palace and the Royal Palace. The Royal Palace, built in 1929, is still in used by the royal family – the prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevi II and his wife, Princess Katarina, live here. The White Palace was built for the three sons of King Aleksandar I. Today, the compound is home to some very valuable art – masterpieces by Rembrandt and Poussin, sculptures, decoratives and so on.
In the complex you’ll also find the family church, the walls of which are painted with beautiful frescoes – replicas of the Serbian Monastaries De
ani and Sopoani. The chapel has a bullet hole in it, right in the middle of the head of a frescoed Jesus Christ. The Prince will be happy to tell you why himself.
Enjoy walking through the English and French style gardens.
The Royal Compound Travel Tips
- Tours are part of a group of 50.
- You don’t drive to the gate yourself, you have to take the round trip transfer tourist bus starting from Nikola Pasic Square in Belgrade.Call the attraction for details.
- You may arrange for group tours by previous appointment.
How to Reach The Royal Compound
- Bus line 42
- Bus from Nikola Pasic Square.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belgrade before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belgrade and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.65% of people who visit Belgrade include The Royal Compound in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
84.38% of people start their The Royal Compound visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Royal Compound
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Royal Compound