Belize ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: Mile 29 Western Hwy, Belize, Central America, Belize City
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +501-8228000
- Ticket Price: 30 BZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Belize Zoo - Review
The Belize zoo is a major tourist and local attraction! If you have kids or are simply an animal lover, then the Belize Zoo should be first on your to-do list.
- Fat Tapirs
- Scarlet Macaws
The place offers lodging for people who want to feel one more step closer to the animals.
Belize Zoo Information
- Do wear sturdy shoes and don’t forget to wear a hat as the heat can get to you.
Belize Zoo Ticket Prices
- Adult: BZ $30
- Child: BZ $10
- Savannah Castle (Dormitory Style): BZ $35.08 per person
- Pond House 1 & 2: BZ $70.50/Single Occupancy, BZ $86.50/Double Occupancy
- Forest Cabana: BZ $ 59.60/Single Occupancy, BZ $75.60/Double Occupancy
- Camping ground access (tents only): BZ $8.72 per Person (meals not included)
- Sibun River tubing: BZ $28 per person (minimum 2 persons); approximately 1.5 hrs; includes lunch
- Sibun River canoe trip: BZ $40 per person; approximately 3 hrs; includes lunch
- Savannah nature trails: Complimentary for TEC guests; self guided tour
- Nocturnal Zoo: BZ $100 for a minimum group of 4 persons
- Tour: BZ $20 per person for groups of 5 or more
How To reach Belize Zoo by Public Transport
- Hire a Taxi or rent a Car to reach the zoo.
Restaurants Near Belize Zoo
- Cheers Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belize City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belize City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Belize Zoo
95% of people who visit Belize City include Belize Zoo in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
77.94% of people start their Belize Zoo visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Belize Zoo
83.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belize Zoo
Belize Zoo Map
Belize Zoo Trips
Belize Zoo, Belize City Reviews
Visited on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. Love that it's a haven for rescue animals. Sharon has done an amazing job with the animals and the facility. We took the Directors Tour which was amazing. Seeing the wildlife up close and personal was a once in a lifetime experience. The adoration they show for her is incredible. Definitely looking forward to another visit in the future
Great place to visit to see native animals of Belize. If you're from the US, you'll notice that safety guidelines are not the same! There were many opportunities that a less wise person could have taken to stick their fingers in the enclosure of a jaguar, so mind those in your party if they are the type of people that like to ignore "do not touch" signs. I also liked that each animal had a background of how they came to be at the zoo, and the writing format reminded me of Dr. Seuss.
Fun zoo to go to. Have some awesome animals to see. Of course the main attraction are the jaguars which you can actually come up and close with for an extra few bucks. If you decide to go that route, the staff will place you in a cage where the jaguars will put on a show for you and you can even pet the jaguars!
Great zoo with native Belize animals on display. The animal enclosures are well put together and the animals are spectacular. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. They offer encounters for a small fee to get up close with some of jaguars. I was surprised how many types of animals they actually had.
This is one of the best zoos in the world in my opinion. The animals are clearly well cared for, and the presentation is largely focused on light-hearted education. Some may balk at the high degree of human interaction with the animals, but it is necessary to keep in mind the animals are almost all rescues from situations where they interacted routinely with humans. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. There is a basic cafe and obligatory gift shop. Overall well worth the price to get in.