Belize Zoo, Belize City
Belize Zoo - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Mile 29 Western Hwy, Belize, Central America, Belize City
Ticket Price: 30 BZD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.6K times in trip plans
Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Walking Area, Family And Kids
This is the best journey itinerary building app for every traveller
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Belize Zoo, Belize City
The Belize zoo is a major tourist and local attraction! If you have kids or are simply an animal lover, then the Belize Zoo should be first on your to-do list.
- Fat Tapirs
- Scarlet Macaws
The place offers lodging for people who want to feel one more step closer to the animals.
Belize Zoo Information
- Do wear sturdy shoes and don’t forget to wear a hat as the heat can get to you.
Belize Zoo Ticket Prices
- Adult: BZ $30
- Child: BZ $10
- Savannah Castle (Dormitory Style): BZ $35.08 per person
- Pond House 1 & 2: BZ $70.50/Single Occupancy, BZ $86.50/Double Occupancy
- Forest Cabana: BZ $ 59.60/Single Occupancy, BZ $75.60/Double Occupancy
- Camping ground access (tents only): BZ $8.72 per Person (meals not included)
- Sibun River tubing: BZ $28 per person (minimum 2 persons); approximately 1.5 hrs; includes lunch
- Sibun River canoe trip: BZ $40 per person; approximately 3 hrs; includes lunch
- Savannah nature trails: Complimentary for TEC guests; self guided tour
- Nocturnal Zoo: BZ $100 for a minimum group of 4 persons
- Tour: BZ $20 per person for groups of 5 or more
How To reach Belize Zoo by Public Transport
- Hire a Taxi or rent a Car to reach the zoo.
Restaurants Near Belize Zoo
- Cheers Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belize City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belize City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Belize Zoo, Belize City Reviews
Terrific experience at the zoo! All the animals are native to Belize, so if you didn't get to see that elusive animal in the wild, this is your place. We were joined part way through our day by one of the zoo keepers who told us all about each animal, and even called many of them out of their comfy hiding places so we could see them up close. He taught a few of the jaguars and other animals tricks, so we were educated and entertained! When we were originally planning out the activities to do in Belize, we thought we would pass on the zoo; after all, we've been to many zoos before, right? But, when we got to Belize, we heard other tourists talk about how much they liked the zoo, so we decided to go. Best decision!!! It is a must see attraction in Belize!
One of the most fun zoo experiences I've ever had! The animals all seem to be thriving in their habitats, from what I understand almost all of them were rescued or born in captivity. Many of them seem to really enjoy interacting with humans, I assume because of their experience being rehabilitated or in some cases, former lives as pets. It's cool to be able to get so close to animals that appear bright and full of vigour.
Great experience! Easy to view the animals, tons of cats, and for a good cause. Highly recommend. Takes about 1.5-2 h to see everything, and that was with two toddlers (carry and walking). Wear long pants/sleeves as there are bugs.
I don't usually like zoos, but The Belize Zoo is quite unique. Animals that very unique and an environment that is quite in the middle of nature, not sterile and uninviting like so many others. If you can spring for the $50 tour, it's worth it. The guide feeds the animals as you go so you can see then up close. Good stuff!
Very cozy hand-made forest too. Not like any zoo in big cities. Must visit if you love nature and animals. Ocelot and other cats are perfect!)
- Attractions near Belize Zoo
- The Belize Zoo