Belize ZooCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Mile 29 Western Hwy, Belize, Central America, Belize City
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +501-8228000
- Ticket Price: 30 BZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Walking Area, Family And Kids
The Belize zoo is a major tourist and local attraction! If you have kids or are simply an animal lover, then the Belize Zoo should be first on your to-do list.
- Fat Tapirs
- Scarlet Macaws
The place offers lodging for people who want to feel one more step closer to the animals.
- Do wear sturdy shoes and don’t forget to wear a hat as the heat can get to you.
- Adult: BZ $30
- Child: BZ $10
- Savannah Castle (Dormitory Style): BZ $35.08 per person
- Pond House 1 & 2: BZ $70.50/Single Occupancy, BZ $86.50/Double Occupancy
- Forest Cabana: BZ $ 59.60/Single Occupancy, BZ $75.60/Double Occupancy
- Camping ground access (tents only): BZ $8.72 per Person (meals not included)
- Sibun River tubing: BZ $28 per person (minimum 2 persons); approximately 1.5 hrs; includes lunch
- Sibun River canoe trip: BZ $40 per person; approximately 3 hrs; includes lunch
- Savannah nature trails: Complimentary for TEC guests; self guided tour
- Nocturnal Zoo: BZ $100 for a minimum group of 4 persons
- Tour: BZ $20 per person for groups of 5 or more
- Hire a Taxi or rent a Car to reach the zoo.
- Cheers Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belize City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belize City and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Belize City include Belize Zoo in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
72.73% of people start their Belize Zoo visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Belize Zoo
93.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belize Zoo
Very interesting to see all the Belize animals in a more natural environment than cages...still barricaded but nice open areas. A lot of the animals there are nocturnal so if we had more time definitely would have done the night animal tour. The Jaguar and Tapir were definitely my favorites here. Can be a bit confusing to navigate so if you don't have a tour guide definitely take one of the maps
What a great experience! Our group booked the Director's Tour and it was very well worth it. Sharon, the Director took us around the Belize Zoo and gave us a very personal account of how and why the Zoo exists. She took us into several of the exhibits to not only feed the native animals but also get up close and personal with them. The Director's Tour at the Belize Zoo should be a must item when visiting Belize. I will visit again.
Animals aren't taken out of the wild so if that's your concern, no worries. If your sensitive to bugs put it on before you enter, especially if it's during the rainy season and ESPECIALLY if you're visiting right after it rained. Wheel chair accessible so you can roll through. I LOVE how they've merged wheel chair accessibility with an authentic in the jungle experience.
Absolutely great zoo. One of the best I've ever been too. Loads of mad animals I didn't even know existed. It seems pretty honest too with mainly rescues etc.
Visited on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. Love that it's a haven for rescue animals. Sharon has done an amazing job with the animals and the facility. We took the Directors Tour which was amazing. Seeing the wildlife up close and personal was a once in a lifetime experience. The adoration they show for her is incredible. Definitely looking forward to another visit in the future