Belize ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: Mile 29 Western Hwy, Belize, Central America, Belize City
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +501-8228000
- Ticket Price: 30 BZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Belize Zoo - Review
The Belize zoo is a major tourist and local attraction! If you have kids or are simply an animal lover, then the Belize Zoo should be first on your to-do list.
- Fat Tapirs
- Scarlet Macaws
The place offers lodging for people who want to feel one more step closer to the animals.
Belize Zoo Information
- Do wear sturdy shoes and don’t forget to wear a hat as the heat can get to you.
Belize Zoo Ticket Prices
- Adult: BZ $30
- Child: BZ $10
- Savannah Castle (Dormitory Style): BZ $35.08 per person
- Pond House 1 & 2: BZ $70.50/Single Occupancy, BZ $86.50/Double Occupancy
- Forest Cabana: BZ $ 59.60/Single Occupancy, BZ $75.60/Double Occupancy
- Camping ground access (tents only): BZ $8.72 per Person (meals not included)
- Sibun River tubing: BZ $28 per person (minimum 2 persons); approximately 1.5 hrs; includes lunch
- Sibun River canoe trip: BZ $40 per person; approximately 3 hrs; includes lunch
- Savannah nature trails: Complimentary for TEC guests; self guided tour
- Nocturnal Zoo: BZ $100 for a minimum group of 4 persons
- Tour: BZ $20 per person for groups of 5 or more
How To reach Belize Zoo by Public Transport
- Hire a Taxi or rent a Car to reach the zoo.
Restaurants Near Belize Zoo
- Cheers Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belize City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belize City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Belize Zoo
95% of people who visit Belize City include Belize Zoo in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
72.73% of people start their Belize Zoo visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Belize Zoo
93.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belize Zoo
Belize Zoo Trips
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Montego Bay, Punta Cana, Belize City from AtlantaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Montego Bay, Punta Cana, Belize City
Belize Zoo, Belize City Reviews
Visited on our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. Love that it's a haven for rescue animals. Sharon has done an amazing job with the animals and the facility. We took the Directors Tour which was amazing. Seeing the wildlife up close and personal was a once in a lifetime experience. The adoration they show for her is incredible. Definitely looking forward to another visit in the future
Absolutely great zoo. One of the best I've ever been too. Loads of mad animals I didn't even know existed. It seems pretty honest too with mainly rescues etc.
I have some likes and some dislikes about this place. The things I like is that it is a different type of zoo because it has a more natural feel and the animals aren't locked up in cages. They are rescued and treated. Plus the animals are native to Central America. But the things that I don't like is that some animals are not even seen most of the time and those that you can see aren't doing anything. But the zoo is either liked or disliked based off if the person is a zoo/animal person or not. Since I'm not a zoo person, that's probably why I didn't like it.
It is a great place to visit. Must do in Belize. All the animals are from Belize and they are in their own habitat. It is filled by trees and flowers and iguanas just moving around the place. If you have children, they will enjoy it very much. If you don't you will also enjoy it.
Great place to visit to see native animals of Belize. If you're from the US, you'll notice that safety guidelines are not the same! There were many opportunities that a less wise person could have taken to stick their fingers in the enclosure of a jaguar, so mind those in your party if they are the type of people that like to ignore "do not touch" signs. I also liked that each animal had a background of how they came to be at the zoo, and the writing format reminded me of Dr. Seuss.