Belize Zoo, Belize City
About Belize Zoo, Belize City
Belize Zoo, Belize City - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Mile 29 Western Hwy, Belize, Central America
Ticket Price: 30 BZD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 6.5K times in trip plans
Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Belize zoo is a major tourist and local attraction! If you have kids or are simply an animal lover, then the Belize Zoo should be first on your to-do list.
- Fat Tapirs
- Scarlet Macaws
The place offers lodging for people who want to feel one more step closer to the animals.
Belize Zoo Information
- Do wear sturdy shoes and don’t forget to wear a hat as the heat can get to you.
Belize Zoo Ticket Prices
- Adult: BZ $30
- Child: BZ $10
- Savannah Castle (Dormitory Style): BZ $35.08 per person
- Pond House 1 & 2: BZ $70.50/Single Occupancy, BZ $86.50/Double Occupancy
- Forest Cabana: BZ $ 59.60/Single Occupancy, BZ $75.60/Double Occupancy
- Camping ground access (tents only): BZ $8.72 per Person (meals not included)
- Sibun River tubing: BZ $28 per person (minimum 2 persons); approximately 1.5 hrs; includes lunch
- Sibun River canoe trip: BZ $40 per person; approximately 3 hrs; includes lunch
- Savannah nature trails: Complimentary for TEC guests; self guided tour
- Nocturnal Zoo: BZ $100 for a minimum group of 4 persons
- Tour: BZ $20 per person for groups of 5 or more
How To reach Belize Zoo by Public Transport
- Hire a Taxi or rent a Car to reach the zoo.
Restaurants Near Belize Zoo
- Cheers Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belize City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belize City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Belize Zoo, Belize City Reviews - Write a Review
I was fortunate enough to tag along as a local tourist with a couple and their two girls on my way back from working a few days at Royal Palm Island Resort heading home to Dream Valley Jungle Resort. It was my first time in a long time. I give The Belize Zoo 5 stars without any hesitation. It was clean, the staff was kind, informative and forth coming. The Belize zoo animals were well taken care of; and what I really appreciated was that the animals habitat was left undisturbed which I believe gives the animals a sense of protection and freedom.
Great Zoo!!! Amazing animals! You can get up close and personal with the animals. Many of the animals are rescued and saved for poaching. A really magical place to experience many native animals. Really feel like you are in the jungle that happens to be a zoo actually located in a jungle. Would visit again. Took the bus from Belize city, hoped off and on at the stop. Went on a Monday so virtually no other visitors. Had whole zoo to ourselves.
Recommending you should spend time reading their signs around the zoo. Super funny!! I fed the national bird Toucan and it is so cute. If you want to do that, you can tell the staff and they will lead you to meet toucan!! I remember the fee is $10 US. In addition, it is easy to get there from Belize city!!! You just need to take a public bus and you can arrive there.
Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The zoo is more of like a sanctuary as most of these animals were wounded or came in because baby jaguar was in the womb. Animals appear happy and their enclosures are like bachelor pads, decked out with the amenities. There are informative signs about each animal and how they got there. I would recommend making a stop there. No tour guide needed. Took about an hour and a half to go through all the exhibits, maybe longer during tourist season and/or because you opted to pet Buddy;) They also sell $2US Belizean rum in the gift shop, along with Soursop Ice Cream🍨
The VIP Tour with Sharon is a must! This was one of our most favorite tours, you get to see everything in such detail and learn the stories of the animals. You also get to feed and touch the animals which is an experience you will remember for a lifetime. I highly recommend the VIP tour, it is honestly money well spent!
- Nearby Attractions
- Western Hwy
- Raul S Rooms And Apartments
- West Bay Beach Club
- Belize Sign
- San Ignacio Market
- Bachelor Inn Hotel
- Easy Inn Hotel
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge
- Atv Park & Jungle Palapa (cave-tubing.com)
- Belize City Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Belize City
- What to See in 48 Hours in Belize City
- What to See in 72 Hours in Belize City
- How to Spend 5 Days in Belize City
- How to Spend 6 Days in Belize City
- How to Spend 7 Days in Belize City