Chiesa Di Santo Stefano, Belluno
Chiesa Di Santo Stefano, Belluno - Address
Address: Piazza Santo Stefano, 32100 Belluno, Italy
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Landmark
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Chiesa Di Santo Stefano, Belluno
St. Stephen’s Church in Belluno was built between 1468 and 1491 for the Servite community. Today, its structure still houses:
- The Cesa chapel that dates back to 1485.
- A wooden altar piece by Matteo and Antonio Cesa.
- Frescoes attributed to Jacopo da Montagnana.
- Paintings by Cesare Vecellio, Francesco Frigimelica, Antonio Lazzarini and others.
- Two angels and a crucifix by Andrea Brustolo.
This church also a beautiful front door made up of bronze (created by the sculptor Dante Moro from Falcade) with a large lobed rose window and, on the sides, two small circular openings in white stone. On the right side of this church is the magnificent century portal decorated with statues of the protectors of Belluno and the Madonna, which originally belonged to the Church of the Beaten. The front of the church is beautified by a small garden with a fountain of the XVI century.
Chiesa Di Santo Stefano Opening and Closing Hours
- You are advised to visit the church between 9am-4pm.
- Please enquire before you visit.
How To reach Chiesa Di Santo Stefano by Public Transport
- Dolomiti Bus S.P.A
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belluno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belluno and book an accommodation of your choice.