It’s not often a complex is built for sheer architectural vanity, but that’s what master architect Oscar Niemeyer did in the 1940s. Postcard-picture perfect, the complex’s sinuous and curving architecture is fascinating and beautiful.
There are three main structures:
- Museu de Arte da Pampulha (Pampulha Museum of Modern Art): A stunning glass and concrete construct with landscaped gardens; it was once a thriving casino.
- Casa da Baile (House of Dance): An exhibition and workshop centre for architecture and design, with a collection of Oscar Niemeyer’s own sketches.
- Igreja de Sao Francisco de Assis (St. Francis of Assisi Church): An elegant if unconventional looking church with 14 pretty mosaics describing the life and times of St. Francis of Assisi.
Entrance Ticket Details For Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha
- Check the TripHobo listings of the independent attractions for their admission fees.
Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha Hours
- Museu de Arte da Pampulha: 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Casa De Baile: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- St. Francis of Assisi Church: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
How to Reach Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha
- Buses 510, 614, 615, 616, , 618, , 643, S51, S55 stop Ave Portugal em frente ao numero 2481
- Buses 609, 618, 620, 645 stop Ave Ministro Guilhermino De Oliveira em frente ao numero 159
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.42% of people who visit Belo Horizonte include Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
55.17% of people start their Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Conjunto Arquitetonico Da Pampulha