How to Reach Belo Horizonte
HOW TO GET TO BELO HORIZONTE
- By Train: FromBelo Horizonte's train station, just north of Parque Municipal, a daily train leaves for Vitória in the morning at 7:30am.
- By Bus: Bus terminal rodoviária is atAv. Afonso Pena, and serves many important destinations around the country. Rio de Janiero is 7 hours away; Sao Paolo 8 hours.
- AeroportoConfins: Serves international (USA, the Caribbean, Europe)and domestic flights. Located 40km north of the city.
- Aeroporto da Pampulha: 10km north of the city center, serves only domestic flights.
HOW TO GET AROUND BELO HORIZONTE
- By Train: The Metro doesn’t cover too many of the city’s areas. Better to take taxis.
- By Taxi: Fast and reliable and quite cheap. Excellent for tourists.
Buses are colored Red, Yellow, Orange, Green and Blue.
- Reds are Express routes to distant destinations.
- Yellow circle around the same area within the city.
- Blues cut across the city diagonally from one area to another.
- Orange are like Blues, but they don’t cut through the city.