It’s a museum, not a memorial. The historic and beautiful neo-classical 1897 building is where Belo Horizonte’s foundation stone was set. The Vale is a major mining company with its roots in this city. In this museum, it pays tribute to those roots in two ways. First, it promotes dialogues with the artist community, and second, it strives to narrate the cultural and historical significance of miners in the region.
There’s no particular order to touring the three floors of the museum.
- First Floor: Thematic multimedia exhibitslife and work of artists symbols of Minas Gerais.
- Second Floor: History of the building; lives of miners past; life in a mining town
- Third Floor: Folklore, shows, cinema, performances and exhibitions – all with the aim of connecting the history of Minas Gerais to the history of mining.
Memorial Minas Gerais Vale Travel Tips
- There is paid parking on the streets.
- No filming.
- Flash photography not allowed.
- No high heels, yelling or running.
- No outside food.
How to Reach Memorial Minas Gerais Vale
- Buses 105, 8108, 9103 stop Rua Da Bahia em frente ao numero 1900
- Buses 2101, 2013, 2014, 4032, 4034, 4106, 4111, 5031, 5101, 8001A, 8016, 8017, 9106 stop Pca Da Liberdade em frente ao numero 150
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.19% of people who visit Belo Horizonte include Memorial Minas Gerais Vale in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.1% of people start their Memorial Minas Gerais Vale visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Memorial Minas Gerais Vale
78.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Memorial Minas Gerais Vale