Memorial Minas Gerais ValeCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
It’s a museum, not a memorial. The historic and beautiful neo-classical 1897 building is where Belo Horizonte’s foundation stone was set. The Vale is a major mining company with its roots in this city. In this museum, it pays tribute to those roots in two ways. First, it promotes dialogues with the artist community, and second, it strives to narrate the cultural and historical significance of miners in the region.
There’s no particular order to touring the three floors of the museum.
- First Floor: Thematic multimedia exhibitslife and work of artists symbols of Minas Gerais.
- Second Floor: History of the building; lives of miners past; life in a mining town
- Third Floor: Folklore, shows, cinema, performances and exhibitions – all with the aim of connecting the history of Minas Gerais to the history of mining.
Memorial Minas Gerais Vale Travel Tips
- There is paid parking on the streets.
- No filming.
- Flash photography not allowed.
- No high heels, yelling or running.
- No outside food.
How to Reach Memorial Minas Gerais Vale
- Buses 105, 8108, 9103 stop Rua Da Bahia em frente ao numero 1900
- Buses 2101, 2013, 2014, 4032, 4034, 4106, 4111, 5031, 5101, 8001A, 8016, 8017, 9106 stop Pca Da Liberdade em frente ao numero 150
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.87% of people who visit Belo Horizonte include Memorial Minas Gerais Vale in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.1% of people start their Memorial Minas Gerais Vale visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Memorial Minas Gerais Vale
78.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Memorial Minas Gerais Vale
Memorial Minas Gerais Vale Reviews & Ratings
Free entry. Some really interesting and original audio-visual presentations of historical information. I really like the room full pf talking portraits with spinning chairs.
Unfortunately for us, most of the museum is in Portuguese, however some leaflets made it possible to learn some of the history and culture
This is a betiful building on the main square. The museum has a permanent Salgado exhibition, this is a spectacular showcase of his work. There are exhibits that explain the history of the area. Many in English as well as Portuguese. A great place to visit to understand the area.
Its different exhibitions tell a detailed history of the state of Minas Gerais, its people, culture, religion, arts and traditions in a very light and entertaining way.
Nice museum to visit and know about the history of Minas Gerais