Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte
About Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte
Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte - Address
Address: Praca da Liberdade, s/n - Savassi, Belo Horizonte - MG, 30140-010, Brazil
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 874 times in trip plans
Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Belo Horizonte’s most important square derives its prominence from multiple sources. For one, it’s old, built between 1895 and 1897 when the new capital was being founded.
Secondly, it’s sheer architectural diversity is awesome. First modelled after Versailles in France, the oldest buildings are Neo-Classical, as are the gardens and fountains. Other architectural styles include Art Deco, Modern, and Post-Modern.
The circle of buildings surrounding the square are quite important too, a vast complex of spaces integrating art, popular culture, science and entertainment.
- The Cultural Center Bank of Brazil
- The Knowledge Center UFMG
- The Museum of Mines and Metal
- The Memorial Minas Gerais
- Fiat House of Culture
- The Artistic Training Center
- The Horizon Sebrae
- ThePalácio da Liberdade
- The State Public Library Luiz de Bessa
- The Public Archives Miner
- The Mining Museum
All taken together, these make up the Circuito Cultural Praça da Liberdade (Cultural Circuit of Freedom Square).
Always bustling with activity, the square is a great place for people watching. The surroundings are very pretty. There’s almost always a programme or the other going on. Street musicians never let up.
How To reach Praca Da Liberdade by Public Transport
- Buses 105, 8108, 9103 stop Rua Da Bahia emfrenteaonumero 1900
- Buses 2101, 2013, 2014, 4032, 4034, 4106, 4111, 5031, 5101, 8001A, 8016, 8017, 9106 stopPca Da Liberdadeemfrenteaonumero 150
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte Reviews - Write a Review
A must-see in BH. Beautiful, peaceful, colourful. Plus, most of the most interesting museums are around the square.
It is a good place to walk, lonely or in group also with your dogs. Calm environment, bring a book to read. Usually it hosts cultural events near the bandstand.
I went to see Hamlet at CCBB at Liberdade Square. A Lovely place to have fun.
Good place to go for a walk. Lovely neighborhood
Refreshingly beautiful!! Some nice people too..
- Nearby Attractions
- Parque Tom Jobim
- Estacao Ecologica Da Ufmg
- Parque Ursulina De Andrade Melo
- Praca Rio Branco
- Parque Nossa Senhora Da Piedade
- Parque Estadual Do Sumidouro
- Portaria 04 Saritur
- Parque Municipal Americo Renne Giannetti
- Parque Rosinha Cadar
- Belo Horizonte Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Belo Horizonte
- What to See in 48 Hours in Belo Horizonte
- What to See in 72 Hours in Belo Horizonte
- How to Spend 5 Days in Belo Horizonte
- How to Spend 6 Days in Belo Horizonte
- How to Spend 7 Days in Belo Horizonte