Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte
Praca Da Liberdade - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Praca da Liberdade, s/n - Savassi, Belo Horizonte - MG, 30140-010, Brazil
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 903 times in trip plans
Square, Family And Kids
Budget your trip with this holiday itinerary generator tool
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte
Belo Horizonte’s most important square derives its prominence from multiple sources. For one, it’s old, built between 1895 and 1897 when the new capital was being founded.
Secondly, it’s sheer architectural diversity is awesome. First modelled after Versailles in France, the oldest buildings are Neo-Classical, as are the gardens and fountains. Other architectural styles include Art Deco, Modern, and Post-Modern.
The circle of buildings surrounding the square are quite important too, a vast complex of spaces integrating art, popular culture, science and entertainment.
- The Cultural Center Bank of Brazil
- The Knowledge Center UFMG
- The Museum of Mines and Metal
- The Memorial Minas Gerais
- Fiat House of Culture
- The Artistic Training Center
- The Horizon Sebrae
- ThePalácio da Liberdade
- The State Public Library Luiz de Bessa
- The Public Archives Miner
- The Mining Museum
All taken together, these make up the Circuito Cultural Praça da Liberdade (Cultural Circuit of Freedom Square).
Always bustling with activity, the square is a great place for people watching. The surroundings are very pretty. There’s almost always a programme or the other going on. Street musicians never let up.
How To reach Praca Da Liberdade by Public Transport
- Buses 105, 8108, 9103 stop Rua Da Bahia emfrenteaonumero 1900
- Buses 2101, 2013, 2014, 4032, 4034, 4106, 4111, 5031, 5101, 8001A, 8016, 8017, 9106 stopPca Da Liberdadeemfrenteaonumero 150
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
Praca Da Liberdade, Belo Horizonte Reviews
It is the most important meeting point in Belo Horizonte, surrounded by museums, full of nature, water falls and vibrant people having fun in their way. Amazing experince.
Calm during days and crowded during nights. Nice place, animated and well decorated for Christmas with lightnings
One of the city's coolest post card places. Must visit for tourists.
This place it's amazing, but there are few things that we may to see that it need be reformed.
This place feels like home tome! Amazing and chilling :)
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Belo Horizonte
- Parque Tom Jobim
- Estacao Ecologica Da Ufmg
- Parque Ursulina De Andrade Melo
- Praca Rio Branco
- Portaria 04 Saritur
- Parque Nossa Senhora Da Piedade
- Parque Estadual Do Sumidouro
- Parque Municipal Americo Renne Giannetti
- Parque Ecologico Da Pampulha
- Parque Rosinha Cadar