Praca Da LiberdadeCurrently Open
- Address: Praca da Liberdade, s/n - Savassi, Belo Horizonte - MG, 30140-010, Brazil
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Square, Family And Kids
Belo Horizonte’s most important square derives its prominence from multiple sources. For one, it’s old, built between 1895 and 1897 when the new capital was being founded.
Secondly, it’s sheer architectural diversity is awesome. First modelled after Versailles in France, the oldest buildings are Neo-Classical, as are the gardens and fountains. Other architectural styles include Art Deco, Modern, and Post-Modern.
The circle of buildings surrounding the square are quite important too, a vast complex of spaces integrating art, popular culture, science and entertainment.
- The Cultural Center Bank of Brazil
- The Knowledge Center UFMG
- The Museum of Mines and Metal
- The Memorial Minas Gerais
- Fiat House of Culture
- The Artistic Training Center
- The Horizon Sebrae
- ThePalácio da Liberdade
- The State Public Library Luiz de Bessa
- The Public Archives Miner
- The Mining Museum
All taken together, these make up the Circuito Cultural Praça da Liberdade (Cultural Circuit of Freedom Square).
Always bustling with activity, the square is a great place for people watching. The surroundings are very pretty. There’s almost always a programme or the other going on. Street musicians never let up.
- Buses 105, 8108, 9103 stop Rua Da Bahia emfrenteaonumero 1900
- Buses 2101, 2013, 2014, 4032, 4034, 4106, 4111, 5031, 5101, 8001A, 8016, 8017, 9106 stopPca Da Liberdadeemfrenteaonumero 150
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Belo Horizonte include Praca Da Liberdade in their plan
43.75% of people start their Praca Da Liberdade visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Praca Da Liberdade
70% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Praca Da Liberdade
This beautiful place is the best place to visit in BH when you enjoy a natural thing to look. Este é o melhor lugar para visitar em BH caso goste de observar a natureza.
Excelente para passeio com a família ou final de tarde! Pessoas também correm ao redor da praça - tem ótimos museus próximo!
Amazing place!!! The architecture and the garden are fabulous!!
Great place to hang around, and it's free
Perfect! I love that square