Paragliding. That’s the main reason to come here, other than the panoramic views, the crisp air 1500 metres above sea level, the bursts of colourful flowers, the romantic sunrises and sunsets, or the near spiritual tranquillity of Brazil’s only official mountain range. The mountain forms a natural ramp from which gliders can take off, and you’ll usually find the air full of extreme sports enthusiasts.
Weather conditions permitting, you can see as far away as the mountain peak of Itacolomi in the city of Ouro Petro.
Serra Da Moeda Travel Tips
- The best way to go paragliding here would be as part of a guided tour. Tour groups may be found in the city.
- Check out the Topo do Mondo (Top of the World) restaurant.
How to Reach Serra Da Moeda
- You’ll have to drive to here.Follow the BR-040 towards Rio de Janeiro, for about 31.2 km south from Praça da Liberdade in Belo Horizonte.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Belo Horizonte before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Belo Horizonte and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Serra Da Moeda Address: Serra da Moeda Nova Lima - MG Brazil, Belo Horizonte
- Serra Da Moeda Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Serra Da Moeda(preferred time): 08:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Serra Da Moeda: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
18.23% of people who visit Belo Horizonte include Serra Da Moeda in their plan
22.22% of people start their Serra Da Moeda visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Serra Da Moeda
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Serra Da Moeda
People normally club together Museu De Arte Da Pampulha and Cachoeira Santo Antonio while planning their visit to Serra Da Moeda.