Are you looking for what to do in Belo Horizonte?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Praca da Liberdade: Check out the city’s main tourist attractionspark, and the building surrounding it. They make up the Circuito Cultural Praça da Liberdade (Cultural Circuit of Freedom Square). The architecture is impressive enough, but each building is a treasure in itself.
- Estadio Governador Magalhaes Pinto: Brazil’s 5th largest football stadium was the second stadium in the world to meet the environmental certification Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. It is also frequently used as a concert venue.
- Palacio Das Artes: an art and culture complex focused on operas, plays, dance performances, concerts, sculpture, photography, and paintings.
- Pampulha Architectural Complex: The brainchild of master architect Oscar Niemeyer; a glorious, sinuous vision comprising of a Museum of Modern Art, a House of Dance and the St. Francis of Assisi Church.
- Mangabeiras Lookout: A wooden boulevard with a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding lands.
- Memorial Minas Gerais Vale: the Vale Mining Company set in motion this dialogue and exhibition space to acknowledge and narrate the cultural and historical significance of miners in the region.
- Parque das Mangabeiras: A municipal park that is practically a bio-conservatory, considering the sheer diversity of its animals.
- Museum of Mining and Metals: 18 rooms exploring the world of miners, and the metals that they mine, the relationship between them.
- Palacio da Liberdade: An exquisitely decorated governors’ palace. Catch the beautiful ceremony of the Changing of the Guard (TrocaSolene da Guarda) on Sundays
- Praca Da Savassi: A young people hangout surrounded by cafes, bars and boutiques. Frequent live music or dance performances or other events.
- Take the Trem de Passageiros da EFVM scenic railroad.
- Go Paragliding off the Serra Da Moeda. Best to get a travel guide to organise this for you.
- Don’t miss the Sunday Market Hippie Fair at the Municipal Park.
Below we have a list of things to do in Belo Horizonte and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Belo Horizonte getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Belo Horizonte with confidence.