Those who have seen Benidorm in the 1960s would be amazed by the rapid transformation this city has gone through in the last couple of decades. It is hard to recognize that Benidorm was once a small fishing village. Today, it is the city of magnificent skyscrapers, lively bars and pubs, gourmet restaurants along with beautiful parks, art galleries, and museums. Its white sandy beaches have played an important role in making it a popular holiday destination in Spain.
The city is basically divided into two parts - old town and new town. You can explore both the parts with ease as transportation options are available within the city. The old town is also known as one of the biggest gay villages in European cities. Whereas you will instantly recognize new town if you have watched the TV series - Benidorm.
As the temperature hardly rises above 20-degree Celsius, it is easily understandable why Benidorm is loved by tourists. Lovely weather and warm people, both welcome visitors from all over the world with open arms. It has become an easy getaway for the citizens of UK, Ireland, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. The city is perfect for all types of travellers. With its notorious cabaret acts and tapas bars, it attracts many youngsters throughout the year. Nightlife in Benidorm is a lively affair. And with its serene beaches, theme parks, and museums, it is a favourite choice amongst families as well.
Essential travel information and Benidorm tips for your visit
- Time Zone : CET (UTC+1) and Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
- Currency : Euro
- Electricity : The standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz
- Internet : Most of the public places have free WiFi connectivity. Cellular internet is easily available and has a strong connectivity.
- Language : Spanish, Valencian, English
- Security : Most parts of Benidorm are safe for solo as well as female travellers. But, do not wander into unknown alleys as cases of pick-pocketing and mugging have been reported over the years.
- Emergency Contact Numbers : Police, Ambulance, Fire - 112 or 085 and 24 hours Medical Care - 900 161 161
- Tipping : It is mandatory to pay tips in Spain. You can pay 10% of the total bill.
Benidorm Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Benidorm. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Benidorm trip planner.