Are you looking for what to do in Bergamo?
PLACES TO SEE
There are many places for the traveler to explore in the city. Following are some important Bergamo tourist attractions:
- Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore
- Cappella Colleoni
- Academia carrarra di bella arti di bergamo
- Bergamo cathedral
- La citta alta
- Piazaa vecchia
- Parco Faunistico le Cornelle
Bergamo sightseeing can be roughly divided into two major parts:
It comprises of following important spots.
- Cittadella (Citadel), built by the Visconti in the mid-14th century.
- Piazza Vecchia (old square)
- Palazzo della Ragione
- Palazzo Nuovo (Biblioteca Angelo Mai)
- Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore (Saint Mary Major)
- Cappella Colleoni (Colleoni chapel.
- The Battistero (Baptistry)
- Rocca (Castle)
- San Michele al Pozzo Bianco
- Museo Civico Archeologico (Archaeological Civic Museum)
- Museo di Scienze Naturali Enrico Caffi (Caffi Natural Science Museum)
- Orto Botanico di Bergamo "Lorenzo Rota" (botanical garden).
NIGHTLIFE AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Visit II Circolino: This is a cozy bar/ drinking spot which is most frequented by locals. Here locals and visitors alike play bocce and drink lantern-a drink made of white wine and Campari rosso. This is a great place to visit at night.
- Cafe Funicolare: This place is quite a popular hangout for the locals and visitors alike. For snacks, a quick drink or simply for great views, this is the place to be, and it is located in the city Alta Funicolare station.
- Events to enjoy in the city include public holiday celebrations every year. Visitors can also go for leisurely strolls in the city’s well-groomed parks, go hiking, visit the city’s many shops or go for long drives, admiring the city’s beautiful landscape and monumental buildings. Bergamo Skiing is also a favorite activity of the tourists.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bergamo and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bergamo getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bergamo with confidence.