Fantoft Stavkirke938 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fantoftvegen 38, 5072 Bergen, Norway
- Timings: 10:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-55280710
- Ticket Price: 50 NOK
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Architecture
During the Middle Ages, Norway had the monopoly on wooden stave churches- from the original 750 they had, 30 are standing today. Stave Churches are architecturally distinct with their dragon heads, carved doorways and vertical planks. The best church with this kind of architecture is the Fantoft Stavkirke. Located in the south of Bergen, the original stave was in 1150 and in 1883 moved to the current location of the Fantoft Stavkirke.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fantoft Stavkirke
- Tickets for students are priced at NOK 35.
- Tickets for children are priced at NOK 25.
How to Reach Fantoft Stavkirke
- Take bus no 50 from Bergen and get off at Fantoft.
- Buses depart every 20 minutes.
- M Spisestedet pa Nesttun
- Prego Cafe & Restaurant
- Bien Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bergen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bergen and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.54% of people who visit Bergen include Fantoft Stavkirke in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.32% of people start their Fantoft Stavkirke visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Fantoft Stavkirke
94.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fantoft Stavkirke