Gullfjellet238 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Gullfjellet, Bergen, Norway
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature, Skiing
Gullfjellet is the highest mountain in Bergen. Loosely translating its name will give you the meaning “the mountain with strong wind”. Staying true to this meaning, this majestic natural wonder is a sight to behold even from a distance. Serving as a popular hiking destination, youngsters, student groups, adults and tourists have made it their adventurous escape. The hike up the mountain is difficult in some patches, but cairns have been put up along the trail to not only help the enthusiasts with the route, but also serve as a guide during bad weather conditions. Often the temperatures drop and it gets very windy, so on your trip here, make sure you carry all your essentials! In spite of these factors, the trails are magnificent, and have some of the greatest vantage points. This intimate interaction with the wonders of nature is life changing. The mountain is also a famous destination for cross country skiing during the winters. Thus, the best time to visit this place would be the winters for skiing, and the summers for hiking. For travelers and adventure seekers, this destination should be on your bucket list, so, go ahead and tick it off.
Gullfjellet Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear.
- Carry first aid kit and essentials.
- Pack a lunch and plenty of snacks and water.
- Carry warm clothing/ sun protection, depending on the weather.
- Parts of the trail have no phone reception, Redningshytten cabin has an emergency radio.
How to Reach Gullfjellet
- Trains Arna-Bergen, Oslo S-Bergen, R41 and more to stop- Bergen → Rented cars
- Bus Arna-Bergen to stop- Bergen → Rented cars
- Bus NX450 to stop- Takvam → Hike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bergen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bergen and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.06% of people who visit Bergen include Gullfjellet in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.35% of people start their Gullfjellet visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see Gullfjellet
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gullfjellet