Leprosy MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: St. George's Hospital, Kong Oscars gt. 59, Downtown, Bergen, 5017, Norway Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-55308030
- Ticket Price: 70 NOK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Historical Site, Memorial, Monument, Family And Kids, Exhibition
One of the deadliest diseases to ever hit the world, the stigma and the spread of leprosy is known to one and all. People diagnosed with leprosy were subject to humiliation and were considered as outcasts and thereby banished from their community. St. George’s hospital in Bergen was home to many a lepers during the disease’s peak.
Today, the hospital stands as a monument for the millions that fell prey to this disease. Now the name of the museum might throw you off but don’t be misled by it- the Leprosy Museum is one of the best places where you’ll learn as much as you can about early medicine and stupendous efforts that went into the research of Leprosy in order to understand and combat it.
Entrance Ticket Details For Leprosy Museum
- Tickets for students are priced at NOK 35.
- Children are granted free entry.
How to Reach Leprosy Museum
- Bus: 20, 21, 22, 23, or 24
- Leone di Mare
- Bryggen Tracteursted
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bergen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bergen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Leprosy Museum Address: St. George's Hospital, Kong Oscars gt. 59, Downtown, Bergen, 5017, Norway
- Leprosy Museum Contact Number: +47-55308030
- Leprosy Museum Timing: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Leprosy Museum Price: 70 NOK
- Best time to visit Leprosy Museum(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Leprosy Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
27.2% of people who visit Bergen include Leprosy Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
87.3% of people start their Leprosy Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Leprosy Museum
63.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Leprosy Museum
People normally club together Fish And Flower Market and Gamle Bergen Museum Or Old Bergen Museum while planning their visit to Leprosy Museum.