Berlin Tourism, Germany
Visit Berlin - Best of Berlin
Berlin, the capital of Germany does not have one dominant trait as such in terms of its description. It is a pot pourri of some fantastic architecture, enlightening history, enchanting culture, vibrant nightlife and to top it all-some amazing food.
Some people describe it as the city that never sleeps and some people get so tired with all that they have to see during the day, that they end up missing on what the city has to offer to them at night. Most tourists describe the city to be addictive for it gives you an opportunity to let go in various ways.
The best part is that even though in its appearance it is a vibrant up and running metropolitan city, in its nature it still embraces the culture and traditions that made it so special in the first place. You can not only see people exploring freedom creatively and otherwise but at the same time the class of the city is in a way reflected from things that have come to be known as the status symbols here.
Even though the room where Holocaust was planned would break your heart, but you would easily bounce back to liveliness with the jammed cafes. The Prussian Palace and the walk along the ruins of Berlin wall is like a walk back in time. The theater scene and the concert stages are so inviting, that only after seeing the city you understand why artists like George Clooney embrace this place for their shoots.
With so many things to do in Berlin, the charm of this city is irresistible. Einstein, Bismarck, Bowie, Hitler and Marx seemed to have totally agreed with us. It is your chance to go, not only explore the city but embrace the city in a way that the city embraces everything that comes its way! Each one of you should visit Berlin at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Berlin.
Berlin Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Berlin tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Berlin follows the Central European Time Zone. UTC +1.00
- Currency: Euro (€)
Electricity and Internet
- Voltage: 220-240 Volts (U.S./Canada are 110-120 Volts)
- Primary Socket Type: Europlug, Schuko
- Multi-voltage appliances (laptops, etc.): Plug adapterClick socket type links to view adapter for that type 110-120V electronics: Plug adapter + step-down transformer
- Hair dryers, curling irons, etc.: Plug adapter + voltage converter There is free wifi in a lot of areas and most hotels offer free wifi.
- Even though the official language of Berlin is German, English is widely spoken.
Security Emergency contact numbers
- Police-Tel: 110
- Fire Service-Tel: 112
- Ambulance-Tel: 112
- Non Emergency Medical –Tel: 116 117
- Toxic Substance Emergency-Tel: 192 40
- Pan-European emergency number-Tel: 112
- Most areas are safe in Berlin. Even then, always carry travel insurance
- Never ever over take a pedestrian walking on the road.
- Look out for pick pockets in crowded areas.
- Lot of shops selling the souvenirs are not real, do check out.
- A lot of times your drink can be spiked, be aware before taking one.
- Take the river boat rides or bicycle tours.
- It is a very common practice to leave a tip to show that you enjoyed your meal and service. 5- 10% of the bill is a common amount for showing your gratuity.
- Do so by either: You can just easily round up to the nearest Euros. Just say "Auf [amount] Euro." (This is the most common way.)
- You can tell the waiter how much change you want back.
- You can also tell the waiter how much tip you want to leave and he will get the rest of the money.
- Avoid leaving money on the table!It is not a custom and someone can easily pick it up from the table.
- The Berlin WelcomeCard offers unlimited travel within the public transport network in Berlin or Berlin and Potsdam and allows discounts of up to 50% on more than 200 tourist attractions and cultural highlights.
- Main museums in Berlin are open on the first Thursday evening of the month from 6pm till 10pm and admission is free.
Are you looking for a Berlin travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Berlin- Know before you go to Berlin
Facts and Stats for Berlin*
Pollution Statistics in Berlin
Know the pollution level of Berlin before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 40.05 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 33.6 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 47.22 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 47.75 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 28.57 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 32.89 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 29.25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 17.97 (Very Low)
Berlin: Crime and Safety
How safe is Berlin for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Berlin.
Burglary and Theft 37.9 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 38.1 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 36.14 (Low)
Corruption and Bribery 29.01 (Low)
Car Stealing 32.33 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 37.29 (Low)
Attacks 38.6 (Low)
Drug offense 53.92 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 81.35 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 56.45 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 44.64 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 29.62 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 52.02 (Moderate)
Living in Berlin - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Berlin is 170.6 (Very High)
Safety Index 59.92 (Moderate)
Climate Index 83.35 (Very High)
Pollution Index 42 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 31.57 (Low)
Cost of Living Index 70.17 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 71.67 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 10.3 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 113.23 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Berlin
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Berlin
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.11 USD
International Movie per seat 12.26 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 38.17 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 103.2 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 91.83 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Berlin Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Berlin
Berlin Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Berlin
Berlin Segway Tour 327 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Cruise effortlessly through Berlin's parks and sidewalks as you view the sites by Segway! A self-balancing, personal transpor...Book Now
Save 7%Berlin City Hop-on Hop-off Tour 927 Reviews
Berlin hop-on hop-off tour allows you to hop-on and off as many times as you like aboard open top double decker buses. There ...
Original Berlin Food Adventure: 10 Local Tastings! New on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs 30 Mins
Discover the real flavours of Berlin in 3.5 delicious hours. Taste your way through the history of Berlin cuisine, learn abou...Book Now
VIP Berlin with a Private guide, a car and a driver New on TripHobo
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Welcome to amazing Berlin.My name is Yaron and together we will discover, understand and have a memorable experience of Berli...Book Now
More about Berlin
Enjoyable Day Trips From Berlin!
- Being one of the most desired tourist destinations in Europe, Berlin certainly doesn't need an introduction. A melting hot pot of culture, art, history, food, nightlife and practically, a bit of everything, it is only natural for people to flock to this place, expecting a blast of experiences. But wait, if that's all you have in your mind on your visit here, you are in for a surprise! As not only the city but its surrounding too is replete with plentiful of attractions, that are a must visit for you! Have a look at this amazing day trips from Berlin, and choose which one you are going to for next!
1. Wannsee - A Perfect Place to Sunbathe and Hustle!
- Potsdam Tourism
- Oranienburg Tourism
- Bad Liebenwerda Tourism
- Leipzig Tourism
- Dresden Tourism
- Chemnitz Tourism
- Weimar Tourism
- Timmendorfer Strand Tourism
- Hamburg Tourism