Berlin Wall MemorialCurrently Closed
- Address: Bernauer Straße 111, 13355 Berlin-Mitte, Germany
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +4930-467986666
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids
Berlin Wall is one of the biggest historical landmarks in the history of not only Berlin but the entire world. Berlin Wall was initially built to keep out capitalism and protect Berlin and the city from outside forces. Overtime, the Wall saw a lot of attempted escaped and more than a hundred deaths in the process. In 1975, the wall was recreated from roughly 45,000 slabs and today Berlin has the major part of the remaining wall which was built under Soviet Pressure. You can still feel the intensity of the US and Soviet face off once you are at this wall memorial. In all, Berlin Wall marks a very significant place on the historical map of Berlin-which is tragic and enriching at the same time. Berlin Wall tours cover a lot of other monuments as well. This memorial is a place to understand the history and relive the sacrifice of Berliners.
- Do read up on Berlin Wall and ask the guides for some unknown stories.
- You can also order berlin welcome card and plan your itinerary accordingly.
Price of tours
- Adults 3 €
- No fee for schoolchildren (vocational schools excluded)
Participation fee for seminars
- Adults 5 €
- No fee for schoolchildren (vocation schools excluded)
Admission to the memorial is free.
- Public guided tour: Every Sunday 3 pm.
- For guided tour, you have to book in advance. (Please check the official website for booking)
- The Berlin Wall Documentation centre- Tuesdays - Sundays 10am - 6pm.
Bookstore Opening hours
- Tuesdays - Fridays: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturdays + Sundays: 11:00am to 6:00pm
The films are shown at the following times:
- On the hour: “Die Berliner Mauer”
- 15 minutes past the hour: “Eingemauert!”
- On the half hour: “The Berlin Wall”
- 15 minutes before the hour: “Walled in!
- S-Bahn: S1, S2, S25 , S-Bahnhof Nordbahnhof
- By Tram: M 10 , S-Bahnhof Nordbahnhof , Gedenkstatte Berliner Mauer
- By Bus: 245, 247
- U-Bahn: U6 , U-Bahnhof Naturkundemuseum ,U8 , U-Bahnhof Bernauer Straße
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Berlin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Berlin and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.14% of people who visit Berlin include Berlin Wall Memorial in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
31.67% of people start their Berlin Wall Memorial visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Berlin Wall Memorial
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Berlin Wall Memorial
Stunning and moving. This site is amazing. I recommend going here at night for the full effect of what this site must have been like when it was active. Touching the original walls sent chills down my spine. There are descriptive plaques in both German and English. Highly recommended and free of charge.
Lovely place with amazing history of Great city of Berlin.Pictorial description of Berlin wall and division of Germany in East and West is amazing.Year by year history of the wall is enthralling. You can roam around the remains of this great wall with the iron columns. It's is very near to subway station. Loved the place where history awaits you.
Loved the place and highly reccomended. Tram stops not far away. Brilliant museum covering several floors of building opposite wall remains and a watchtower. Make sure you go to the top floor of the museum for views over the Wall and what was the 'killing ground'. Has a nice cafe here too.
Visited this during a weekend break in Berlin. I went in October and you definitely need to wrap up as most of its outside. Displays are in German and English which was very helpful. Very moving memorial and very informative. Would recommend to anyone even if they aren't interested
A must see in the City. Don't hesitate to visit. We enjoyed the time I have been talking about it and then we will send you eventually the information. Thanks for the update and the heads up. When we arrive d there at noon. The people that weren't there since one hour. After the time you need to get the car. We took the walking tour and our guide was just perfect.