Berlin Wall Memorial1782 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Bernauer Straße 111, 13355 Berlin-Mitte, Germany
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +4930-467986666
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids
Berlin Wall is one of the biggest historical landmarks in the history of not only Berlin but the entire world. Berlin Wall was initially built to keep out capitalism and protect Berlin and the city from outside forces. Overtime, the Wall saw a lot of attempted escaped and more than a hundred deaths in the process. In 1975, the wall was recreated from roughly 45,000 slabs and today Berlin has the major part of the remaining wall which was built under Soviet Pressure. You can still feel the intensity of the US and Soviet face off once you are at this wall memorial. In all, Berlin Wall marks a very significant place on the historical map of Berlin-which is tragic and enriching at the same time. Berlin Wall tours cover a lot of other monuments as well. This memorial is a place to understand the history and relive the sacrifice of Berliners.
Berlin Wall Memorial Travel Tips
- Do read up on Berlin Wall and ask the guides for some unknown stories.
- You can also order berlin welcome card and plan your itinerary accordingly.
Entrance Ticket Details For Berlin Wall Memorial
Price of tours
- Adults 3 €
- No fee for schoolchildren (vocational schools excluded)
Participation fee for seminars
- Adults 5 €
- No fee for schoolchildren (vocation schools excluded)
Admission to the memorial is free.
Berlin Wall Memorial Hours
- Public guided tour: Every Sunday 3 pm.
- For guided tour, you have to book in advance. (Please check the official website for booking)
- The Berlin Wall Documentation centre- Tuesdays - Sundays 10am - 6pm.
Bookstore Opening hours
- Tuesdays - Fridays: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturdays + Sundays: 11:00am to 6:00pm
The films are shown at the following times:
- On the hour: “Die Berliner Mauer”
- 15 minutes past the hour: “Eingemauert!”
- On the half hour: “The Berlin Wall”
- 15 minutes before the hour: “Walled in!
How to Reach Berlin Wall Memorial
- S-Bahn: S1, S2, S25 , S-Bahnhof Nordbahnhof
- By Tram: M 10 , S-Bahnhof Nordbahnhof , Gedenkstatte Berliner Mauer
- By Bus: 245, 247
- U-Bahn: U6 , U-Bahnhof Naturkundemuseum ,U8 , U-Bahnhof Bernauer Straße
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Berlin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Berlin and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.15% of people who visit Berlin include Berlin Wall Memorial in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
31.67% of people start their Berlin Wall Memorial visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Berlin Wall Memorial
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Berlin Wall Memorial