Checkpoint Charlie11509 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Friedrichstraße 43-45, 10117 Berlin, Germany, 10969 Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-30253725
- Fax: +49-0302512075
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Educational Site, Historical Site, Social, Arts, Museums
There are a few places which may not have a pretty monument or a beautiful landscape associated with them but become extremely significant due to the history attached to them. The site is special because it was the end of the American side of divided Germany and symbolizes the great separation.
The words “You are leaving the American Sector”, written in 4 different languages used to adorn this check post after the 2nd world war. The original check post no longer exists but has been replaced by the replica of the sign retaining the site’s great historic value.
Checkpoint Charlie is one of the attractions in Berlin Itinerary 2 Days and Berlin Itinerary 3 Days. Must visit this awesome attraction.
Checkpoint Charlie Travel Tips
- The bus or subway is best the mode of transportation.
- Military peaked caps can be brought from the shops here.
- Parking facility is available at the corner of Zimmerstrasse, Charlottenstrasse and Friedrichstrasses.
How to Reach Checkpoint Charlie
- Underground: Stadtmitte/Krausenstr (U) U6
- Bus: Stadtmitte/Krausenstr (U) 147, 265
- Entrecote Berlin Restaurants
- Sale e Tabacchi
- Cyberport Store
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Berlin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Berlin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Checkpoint Charlie Address: Friedrichstraße 43-45, 10117 Berlin, Germany, 10969
- Checkpoint Charlie Contact Number: +49-30253725
- Checkpoint Charlie Timing: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit Checkpoint Charlie(preferred time): 10:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Time required to visit Checkpoint Charlie: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
52.95% of people who visit Berlin include Checkpoint Charlie in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.28% of people start their Checkpoint Charlie visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Checkpoint Charlie
77.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Checkpoint Charlie
People normally club together East Side Gallery and Museum Island while planning their visit to Checkpoint Charlie.