GemaldegalerieCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Matthäikirchplatz, 10785 Berlin, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +4930-266424242
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Museums, Architecture
The best part about the Gemaeldegalerie is its wide range of paintings dating from different eras as well as countries. The gallery has a wide range of collection dating from the 13th to the 18th Century. Some of the best paintings are German, Italian as well as from a lot of other places. Even though the inner constituents of the Gallery are remarkable and a visual treat to a different level, even the outer architecture matches up to the standards of what it houses. Kulturforum has the maximum number of paintings that are a part of this prestigious collection. For every art lover, this is a heaven as it has works from Raphael, Titian, Caravaggio, Rembrandt, Jan Vermeer van Delft, Peter Paul Rubens, Albrecht Dürer, Pieter Bruegel and Jan van Eyck.
Gemaldegalerie Travel Tips
- Last admission and ticket sales 30 minutes before closing time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Gemaldegalerie
- The Botticelli Renaissance + Gemäldegalerie: 14 Euros, Concessions 7 Euros
- Kulturforum all exhibitions: 16 Euros, Concessions 8 Euros
- Flexi-Ticket The Botticelli Renaissance: 28 Euros, Concessions 24 Euros
- Please refer to the official website for library timings as well as working hours on holidays.
How to Reach Gemaldegalerie
- U-Bahn U2 (Potsdamer Platz)
- S-Bahn S1, S2, S25 (Potsdamer Platz)
- Bus M29 (Potsdamer Brücke); M41 (Potsdamer Platz Bhf / Voßstraße)
- M48, M85 (Kulturforum); 200 (Philharmonie)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Berlin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Berlin and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.27% of people who visit Berlin include Gemaldegalerie in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
68.07% of people start their Gemaldegalerie visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gemaldegalerie
94.15% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gemaldegalerie
Gemaldegalerie Reviews & Ratings
Truly beautiful and so much to see. The building is like a labirinth. If you're an art lover, especially paintings then this will be great to see.
One of the most beautiful painting collections in the world, carefully selected at the end of the nineteenth century. A pure delight, which can be enjoyed comfortably and quietly as the tourist hordes do not usually make it to here.
We came to Gemäldegalerie for the Mantegna versus Bellini exposition. It was absolutely great, there are very famous masterworks to see. The exposition will stay until June 30.
The colors and lightning are just great, I spent in there almost 5 hours and didn't get bored or tired. Just hungry 😁
Amazing museum! Really huge though, we spent 6 hours. Lockers are free. So are audio guiding systems. Really interesting artworks. It's a bit chilly inside. Cafeteria is a bit expensive but nice. Really cool souvenir shop inside.