Holocaust Memorial19171 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte), 10117 Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +49-3026394336
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Memorial, Landmarks, Healthcare, Optometrist
The Holocaust Memorial is basically a site that is dedicated to the six million people who lost their lives during Hitler’s reign in Germany. The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe is a site that is probably one of the most heart breaking in the history of the World. The huge space between Brandenburger tor and Potsdamer Platz is covered by grey concrete graves that reflect upon the oppressive and torturous times that the Jews had to go through. The minimalism of this place is what will strike you the first when you go here. The site holds great importance as a memoir of a terrible time for Germany. The graves called the stalae reflect the severe tragedy that ravaged the human life there. Two other memorials to the victims of the Holucast namely; The memorial to the Sinti and Roma of Europe Murdered under the National Socialist Regime, and the Memorial to the Homosexuals Persecuted under the National Socialist Regime, have also been constructed in the same place. They are symbols against the exclusion and intolerance that people have faced over the years.
One cannot stress on the importance of the site enough. It is a memorial like no other in history and one hopes there won’t be another to build. For the tourist it is a site worth visiting and remembering the past. Suggested itineraries: Berlin in 5 days and Berlin itinerary 7 days.
A grim reminder of the atrocities done to Jews during Holocaust, the Holocaust memorial offers a sombre experience. There are no tickets for Holocaust memorial and it is open at all hours. However, as you buy tickets for Holocaust Memorial tours, you ensure a better perspective of this place and its significance. Holocaust Memorial tickets for tours are readily available, you just need to book and reserve a space. Holocaust Memorial ticket prices make you understand the background that envelops the site.
Holocaust Memorial Travel Tips
- Do visit the Information Centre which is located at the base of the memorial.
- This is a memorial site. Proper behaviour is expected.
Holocaust Memorial Hours
- Exhibition at Information Centre 10:00 am - 8:00 pm.
- Free tours Saturday at 15 (English); Sunday at 15 (German)
- Shochu Bar
- China Club
- Potsdamer Platz 1
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Berlin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Berlin and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Holocaust Memorial Address: Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte), 10117
- Holocaust Memorial Contact Number: +49-3026394336
- Holocaust Memorial Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Holocaust Memorial(preferred time): 11:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Holocaust Memorial: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
88.99% of people who visit Berlin include Holocaust Memorial in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
34.01% of people start their Holocaust Memorial visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Holocaust Memorial
66.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Holocaust Memorial
People normally club together Berliner Philharmonie and Reichstag while planning their visit to Holocaust Memorial.
Holocaust Memorial Reviews & Ratings
who designed the holocaust memorial, berlinAnswer Report Abuse