Bern Historical MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: Helvetiaplatz 5, 3005 Bern, Switzerland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-313507711
- Ticket Price: 13 CHF
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The Bern Historical Museum is a one stop shop for everything you need to know about Bern, across various facets. Be prepared to spend a good couple of hours here as the museum is quite comprehensive in terms of Bernese history from the Stone Age to the 20th century. Although the main focus here is the importance of Bern to Switzerland, the museum has an exquisite collection from all over the world- Indonesian puppets, Japanese swords and Celtic jewelry to name a few; head to the basement for the Bernese exhibits.
Don’t forget to check out the second floor, dedicated entirely to Albert Einstein, another jewel in Switzerland’s crown! Einstein’s books, journals and news bulletins that illustrate the glorious life of the renowned scientist, summarize the exhibits.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bern Historical Museum
- Students & Seniors- CHF 8, Children (6-16)- CHF 4.
- Extra charges apply if you want to visit the Albert Einstein Museum.
- Admission to the Albert Einstein Museum and Bern Historical Museum together- CHF 18.
- Students and Seniors- CHF 13, Children(6-16)- CHF 8.
How to Reach Bern Historical Museum
- Bern Helvetiaplatz (bus and tram station)
- Restaurant Kirchenfeld
- Schwellenmaetteli Restaurants
- La Terrasse im Bellevue Palace
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bern before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bern and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.22% of people who visit Bern include Bern Historical Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
88.89% of people start their Bern Historical Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bern Historical Museum
71.25% of people prefer walking in order to reach Bern Historical Museum