Federal Building363 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bundesplatz 3, 3005 Bern, Switzerland
- Timings: 11:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-313228790
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Heritage Building
Staying true to the traits of a capital city, Bern has a magnificent Renaissance styled Parliament Building, considered a national monument and the seat of the Swiss Confederation. Rife with symbolism, the 26 fountains on the premises of the federal building each stand for one Swiss canton. The interiors of the parliament building house the coat of arms of all 26 cantons, in addition to two murals and statues that represent the swearing of the oath.
Access to the Bundeshaus is only possible through a guided tour; depending on your choice of language, the tours are conducted in 5 languages, check the website for the schedule and be on time. Carry a piece of ID.
Federal Building Travel Tips
- Entry is free.
Federal Building Hours
- Tours in different languages are conducted at different hours.
- Tours in German: Monday (11:30 am and 3 pm), Wednesday & Friday (11:30 am) and Saturdays (3 pm)
- Tours in English: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (2 pm) and Saturday (4 pm)
- Tours in Italian: Saturday (2 pm)
- Tours in Spanish: Wednesday (2 pm)
- Tours in French: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (2 pm)
How to Reach Federal Building
- Bern, Bundesplatz (bus stop)
- Entrecote Cafe Federal
- Gfeller am Baerenplatz
- Le Mazot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bern before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bern and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.44% of people who visit Bern include Federal Building in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
88.51% of people start their Federal Building visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Federal Building
77.78% of people prefer walking in order to reach Federal Building