How to Reach Bern, Switzerland
The Easiest Way to Reach Bern
HOW TO GET TO BERN
- By Air: Bern has a small airport and caters to international flights to Bern, flying in from neighbouring European cities. Instead of catching a flight to Bern, you could land in Zurich and take a train from the airport to Bern.
- By Train: Bern is well connected through the Swiss Federal Railway and is accessible from all the major cities of Switzerland.
- By Car: Bern is accessible by car through with the national motorway network; take the A1, A12 and A6 motorway exit.
HOW TO GET AROUND BERN
- On Foot: Berne is best experienced on foot. Take the tram, bus or rail to your stop and then explore the area on foot.
- By Bus/Tram:The Bernmobil provides tram and bus services all over the city. Check their website for ticket fares and timetables.
- By Train:The rail system in Bern is called the S-Bahn rail system and runs not only within Bern but also to its neighbouring cities.
- By Car: Getting around Bern in a car is not recommended as it’s difficult to find parking space. If you do decide to drive around Bern, it’s advisable that you find a parking space and then take the bus/tram to the attraction.
- By Bicycle: You can rent a bike for no charge for four hours at Bern Rollt. Carry your passport for identification purposes. There are other bike rentals in Bern as well.
- By Taxi: There are taxi stands at the main station and in the city as well. Be warned that a taxi is expensive can is to be avoided if you’re traveling on a budget.
Are you looking for a Bern travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Bern
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bern. The most preferred mode of transport in Bern is Walking.
Average distance: 8.44 km Average time: 25.2 min
Walking 40%Walking 15.5 min Overall average time for 1.6 kms 15.5 min
Car 20%Driving 20 min Overall average time for 18 kms 20 min
Bike 20%Bike 5 min Overall average time for 1 kms 5 min
Train/Metro 20%Train 40 min Walking 20 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 20 kms 70 min
- How to reach Zurich
- How to reach Lucerne
- How to reach Interlaken
- How to reach Vevey
- How to reach Brienz
- How to reach Neuchatel