Are you looking for what to do in Bern?
PLACES TO SEE
- Zytgloggeturm (Clock Tower): Bern’s landmark, the clock tower is the country’s oldest astronomical grand-father clock. A little before the stroke of an hour, you’ll see a puppet come out and declare a fanfare, a sign that you should gather around the clock to see the puppet show that takes place as the clock gongs away. There’s also a tour that takes place for those of you who want to see the inner workings of the clock.
- Bern Historical Museum: A must visit, the Bern Historical Museum tells a compelling tale of the Bernese region and it’s stand when it comes to looking at the bigger picture. While the basement of the museum is dedicated to Bern, take time to explore the rest of the museum, especially the second floor dedicated to the works of Albert Einstein.
- Bear Park: Bern and bear aren’t far from each other. In fact, the city’s name is derived from a colloquial pronunciation for bear. Not discounting the fact that a bear is featured on the coat of arms, Bern does well to show its love for their bears. With a beautiful park built for the bears with the Aare River as their neighbour, the bears have all the freedom and place to play, climb, swim or even relax in their caves!
- The Paul Klee Collection (Zentrum Paul Klee)
- Federal Building (Bundeshaus)
- Einsteinhaus (Einstein Museum)
- Cathedral at Munsterplatz /St. Vincent/Bern Cathedral (Munster Kirche)
- Museum of Fine Arts (Kunstmuseum)
- Botanischer Garten
- Kunsthalle Bern
- Central Railroad Station
- Museum of Natural History
- Prison Tower (Kafigturm)
- Museum fur Kommunikation
- Swiss Rifle Museum (Schweizerisches Schutzenmuseum)
- Church of the Holy Ghost
- Swiss Alpine Museum
Below we have a list of things to do in Bern and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bern getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bern with confidence.