About Zytglogge, Bern
Zytglogge, Bern - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Bim Zytglogge 3, 3011 Bern, Switzerland
Ticket Price: 15 CHF
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 23.6K times in trip plans
Stage Show, Tower, Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A little before the stroke of every hour, a hoard of people flock to the clock tower in Bern to watch the puppet show that takes place when the oldest grandfather clock of this world gongs away to tell the time to all those who will listen.
Built in 1530, the astronomical clock has been Bern’s official time keeper since! Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983, the old clock tower is a landmark of the city and a popular attraction.
- Since the clock is located in an open area in the Al Stadt, it was no business hours apart from the tour.
Zytglogge Ticket Prices
- While you can view the clock from the outside for free, a tour of the inner workings of the clock requires a ticket.
Zytglogge Opening and Closing Hours
- From the months of April to October, there’s a tour that takes place daily at 2:30 pm.
- From November to March, tours are available on request.
How To reach Zytglogge by Public Transport
- Bern Zytglogge (Bus and Tram station)
Restaurants Near Zytglogge
- Mekong Beizli Huynh
- Lorenzini and Du Theatre
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bern before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bern and book an accommodation of your choice.
Zytglogge, Bern Reviews - Write a Review
" feeling of being in nostalgic place... Where most of us could only be in or experience in dreams" ...
Grand clock tower best viewed from the street of the old town
Beautiful clock tower. It strikes at the 56th minute of every hour.
Its pretty...its free...its in a nice area. Worth a stop.
Great place to Visit. Clock is located center of the street and it's huge. Must visit in Switzerland.