Gaurishankar Lake49 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot
The Gaurishankar Lake, also known as the Bhavnagar Lake and Bor Talav covers a vast area of 381 hectares on the edge of Victoria Forest. The forest has a plethora of flora and fauna and around one lakh trees. The nurseries amid the forest cultivate a number of rare flora that will impress you. The adjoining Pil Garden or the Bal-Batika is a popular picnic spot. The picnic spot has musical fountains, planetarium, a boathouse and many other attractions. The lake acts as a reservoir of drinking water. The forest and the lake attracts a huge number of migratory birds in winter, making this a birder's paradise. Pelicans, cranes, geese and many waders can be seen and photographed. Besides, the lakeside acts as a fairground to various local fairs. The lush greenery, soothing atmosphere and a variety of flora and fauna make this place a destination that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
More about Bhavnagar
To personalise your visit to the city, you can use an all-inclusive Bhavnagar trip planner for the same that will give detailed information about visiting the city.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Bhavnagar like G9 Hotels, Bhavnagar, 1589 Gen X and Hotel Virgo Sumeru.
Find out how to reach Bhavnagar to begin with. Plenty of wholesome Bhavnagar vacation packages are available to choose from, pick your today!
How to Reach Gaurishankar Lake
- Bus to stop –Mahavir Nagar Bus Stop
- Bus to stop –Nandanvan Bus Stop
- Bus to stop –Jewels Circle Bus Stop
- Trains Fast Passenger, Passenger, Superfast Express to stop –Bhavnagar Para
- Trains to stop –Nari Road Railway Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bhavnagar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bhavnagar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gaurishankar Lake Address: Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India
- Gaurishankar Lake Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!