Bhimbetka Rock Shelters, Bhopal
Bhimbetka Rock Shelters, Bhopal - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Bhojpur Raisen, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, 462038, India
Ticket Price: 100 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 929 times in trip plans
Cave, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Bhimbetka Rock Shelters, Bhopal
Located around 50 kilometers from Bhopal, the Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka is a collection of 600 caves that bear rock paintings belonging to the Neolithic Age (around 10,000 BC!). See the brilliance of the dyes used, the pictographs that tell the story of human history and the old caves that add to its historic appeal. A walk here is fascinating for history lovers and gives you a peak into one of the most rare archeological findings in not just India, but in the world!
- Cave paintings of inducing bison, tiger, rhinoceros, wild boar, elephants, monkeys, antelopes, lizards, peacocks.
- Rituals and chores depicted in the paintings that speak of the daily life during those times.
Bhimbetka Rock Shelters Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Do wear sturdy shoes for the hike.
- Wearing sunscreen will help to protect from the sun.
Bhimbetka Rock Shelters Ticket Prices
- INR 10 per person for Indians.
- INR 100 per person for foreign tourists.
- INR 50 per LMV for Indians.
- INR 20 per LMV for foreign tourists.
- INR 100 per mini bus for Indians.
- INR 400 per mini bus for foreign tourists.
How To reach Bhimbetka Rock Shelters by Public Transport
- By Train: At ObaidullaGanj Railway Station.
- By Minibus
- By Taxi
- By hiring a Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bhopal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bhopal and book an accommodation of your choice.