Events and Festivals in Bhopal
Owing to the multi-cultural spirit of Bhopalembraces one and all in their holiday.
- Lokrang Festival: Held in January for around 4 days annually, the festival promotes folk dances in an effort to merge geopolitical boundaries and limits.
- Holiand Rang Panchami(March): Smearing colors on people, Rang Panchami is popular internationally too. The burning of a born-fire marks the Holi ritual.
- Eid (Eid al-Fitr): Celebrated in June-July by the Muslim majority, Eid marks the end of Ramadan (the holy month of fasting). The festival is celebrated by offering prayers to Allah and sharing a feast with loved ones.
- Diwali (October- November): The Annual festival of Diwali has its roots in the Hindu history of ancient India and is celebrated across Bhopal, just like the rest of India. ‘Diyas’ (small lamps) are lit up around homes and streetsafter dark.The main day of Diwali with ‘Lakshmipujan’ is when the Goddess of wealth and prosperity is worshipped.
- Dussehra (Vijay dahsmi): Celebrated in September-October as the day when Rama killed Ravana and rescued Sita, the festival of Dussehramarks the death of evil and the victory of good. Effigies of the 10-headed Ravana is burnt to remember the historic incident.
- Ram Navmi(April- March): The day when Lord Ram was born is celebrated by visiting Ram Temple. Rama is considered to be the 7th avatar of Vishnu and is one of his few avatars in Human form.
Trip plans for Bhopal
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bhopal
Bhopal Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bhopal
Save 6%Private Tour: Full-Day Sanchi and Udayagiri Caves Tour from BhopalNew on TripHobo
Duration: 7 Hrs
Full-day tour from Bhopal to Sanchi, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Udayagiri Caves. The 'Great Stupa’ at Sanchi is...
Private Full-Day Tour of Sanchi and Udayagiri from BhopalNew on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Enjoy visiting Sanchi the 3rd century UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Udayagiri Rock Cut Caves. See the Buddhist stupas and a...Book Now
Save 9%Excursion to The Land of Sanchi Stupa from BhopalNew on TripHobo
Duration: 5 Hrs
Bhopal Known as the City of Lakes, is the capital city of Madhya Pradesh and is located in the central part of the Indian Sub...
Private Full-Day Bhopal City TourNew on TripHobo
Duration: 8 Hrs
Enjoy visiting a fairyland half hidden among seven high hills, nestling in rich foliage. Bhopal is also known as the "Lakesid...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Sanchi
- Events & Festivals in Pachmarhi
- Events & Festivals in Sagar
- Events & Festivals in Ujjain
- Events & Festivals in Omkareshwar
- Events & Festivals in Chanderi
- Events & Festivals in Maheshwar
- Events & Festivals in Indore
- Events & Festivals in Burhanpur
- Events & Festivals in Agra
- Events & Festivals in Leh
- Events & Festivals in Mumbai
- Events & Festivals in Delhi
- Events & Festivals in Amritsar
- Events & Festivals in Chennai