How to Reach Bhopal - The Easiest Way to Reach Bhopal
HOW TO GET TO BHOPAL
- By Air: The Raja Bhoj International Airport (BHO) is located around 13 kilometersaway and even though it is called an International Airport, there are very few international flights that connect to Bhopal. It is recommended you take a domestic flight from other international airports if you are travelling from other countries.
- By Train: The IRCTC network connect Bhopal to all cities and towns in India and is a budget way to reach the city. There are two main railway stations in the city- Bhopal Railway Station (located in Old Bhopal) and Habibganj Railway Station in New Bhopal that serve the city.
- By Bus: Many interstate and intrastate busses have KushabhauThackrey Inter State Bus Terminus in new Bhopal as the destination. Overnight AC busses- both Public and Private, are available to reach the city.
- By Car: The city of Bhopal is connected by Indian National Highway system. If you travelling from Gwalior (5 hour’s journey time) and Kota (8 hour’s journey time) and even Jabalpur, a road trip is ideal to reach the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND BHOPAL
- By Bus: The citybus service is a preferred way of getting around Bhopal, especially if you are travelling on a tight budget. Opt for Bhopal Travels to take a tour of the city.
- Mini Bus: The Mini-busses in Bhopal network access every nook and corner of the city. You can buy the tickets when onboard.
- By Rickshaw: If buses are something that confuseyou, Rickshaws are the next best thing to get around the city. Be aware of drivers who will overcharge you (get an estimate at your hotel for your ride if you are not taking a rickshaw by meter).
- By Taxi: Taxis are preferred only to travel to the airport. You can call for MP Taxi Cabs to arrange a pick up or drop.
- By Cab service: Ola cabs is the new way of getting around the city and functions like Uber. You can call the service or use their smart-phone app.
Are you looking for a Bhopal travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Bhopal
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bhopal. The most preferred mode of transport in Bhopal is Car.
Average distance: 14.75 km Average time: 44.33 min
Car 40%Driving 19.25 min Overall average time for 9 kms 19.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 55 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 15 kms 65 min
Motorbike 10%Motorbike 75 min Overall average time for 30 kms 75 min
Bike 20%Bike 27.5 min Overall average time for 16 kms 27.5 min
Walking 10%Walking 100 min Bike 20 min Overall average time for 8 kms 120 min
How to Reach Bhopal from Nearby Cities
|Agra to Bhopal||114.63 km||1 hour 54 mins|
|New delhi to Bhopal||133.33 km||2 hours 13 mins|
|Delhi to Bhopal||136.77 km||2 hours 16 mins|
|Hyderabad to Bhopal||180.28 km||3 hours 16 mins|
|Nagpur to Bhopal||193.48 km||3 hours 13 mins|
|Indore to Bhopal||239.8 km||3 hours 59 mins|
|Bangalore to Bhopal||247.91 km||4 hours 7 mins|
|Ludhiana to Bhopal||261.57 km||4 hours 21 mins|