Upper Lake266 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Upper Lake, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake, Boating
The Malwa King- Paramara Raja Bhoj, was struck with sickness and after consulting many Vaidyas (Doctors) approached a saint. The saint suggested him to build a tank that was fed by 365 tributaries and rivers. The current place was fed by 359 and with the help Gond Commander Kalia (who gave the King information about an underground river), this tank was formed. Today, the Upper lake is a vast expanse of water that reflects the city scape of Bhopal and is a major cultural and religious place for immersing idols of God and Goddesses during festivals. The island in the middle of the lake has the tomb of Shah Ali Shah RahamatullahAlla.Tourist boat trips are arranged at the place by local organizers. Don’t miss out on the sunsetshere.
Entrance Ticket Details For Upper Lake
- Admission to the lake is free.
- For prices of boat trips, contact local organizers.
Upper Lake Hours
- For timings of boat trips, contact local organizers.
How to Reach Upper Lake
- By Bus: Kamla Park Bus Stop
- By Minibus
- By Rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By hiring a Cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bhopal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bhopal and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Upper Lake Address: Upper Lake, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal, India
- Upper Lake Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Upper Lake(preferred time): 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Upper Lake: 00:40 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
42.83% of people who visit Bhopal include Upper Lake in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
54.84% of people start their Upper Lake visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Upper Lake
93.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Upper Lake
People normally club together Rani Mahal and Tropic Of Cancer while planning their visit to Upper Lake.