Baitala Deula158 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Barhadanda Road, Old Town, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751002, Bhubaneshwar, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
Located near Bindu Sagar Lake (Bindu Sarovar), this temple is said to be dedicated to Goddess Chamundi (Kali). Built in 18th century, the striking architecture of this temple has made this religious site as one of the most favorite place to visit for travelers.
Some of the highlighted features of the temple are:
- The rectangular shaped Deul (tower)
- Sculptures carved on the temple’s wall.
- The tower adorned with two chaitya windows – one representing sun God Surya with his sisters Usha (Dawn) and Pratyusha (Dusk), the other one representing Arjun driving chariot of seven horses.
- These features have made this temple as the most ideal example of Kalinga School of architecture.
- As you step inside the temple, don’t miss out to see the entrance decorated with four-faced lingas.
Baitala Deula Travel Tips
- Follow the Hindu rituals while visiting this temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Baitala Deula
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Baitala Deula
- By car or by auto.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bhubaneshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bhubaneshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.39% of people who visit Bhubaneshwar include Baitala Deula in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
58.82% of people start their Baitala Deula visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Baitala Deula
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Baitala Deula