Kedar Gouri Temple18 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Near Bindu Sagar Pond, Old Town, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751002, Bhubaneshwar, India Map
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Located behind Mukteswara temple, this is another ancient temple of Bhubaneshwar that was devoted to Lord Shiva (Kedareswar) and Goddess Gouri (Kedar Gouri). According to the legend, this temple is one of the eight Astasambhu of Bhubaneshwar. Many stories you get to hear about this temple. One of the stories says that the temple was built by King Lalatendu Kesari in honor of two lovers named Kedar and Gouri. Some other facts say that this temple was built by Lord Shiva. The procession during his marriage with Goddess Gouri was taken from Lingaraja temple to Kedargouri temple.
The highlighted feature of this temple is the 8 feet high statue of Hanuman and Goddess Durga, standing on a lion. Beside this, the Jagmohana (rectangular hall) with three-dimensional walls also deserves special attention.
Within the temple premise there are two ponds, named Khira Kund and Marichi Kund. Legend says that both the ponds have sacred powers. Taking a dip into the water of Khira Kund relieves a man from the cycle of birth and death and attains moksha. The water in Marichi Kund is said to cure woman’s infertility.
Kedar Gouri Temple Travel Tips
- Follow the Hindu rituals while visiting the temple.
- Seek permission before taking any photograph.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kedar Gouri Temple
- Entry is free.
Kedar Gouri Temple Hours
- Bhubaneswar’s temples are usually open from sunrise to sunset. However, check the official website before visiting the temple.
How to Reach Kedar Gouri Temple
- By auto or by car from the centre of the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bhubaneshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bhubaneshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kedar Gouri Temple Address: Near Bindu Sagar Pond, Old Town, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751002, Bhubaneshwar, India
- Time required to visit Kedar Gouri Temple: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.1% of people who visit Bhubaneshwar include Kedar Gouri Temple in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
54.55% of people start their Kedar Gouri Temple visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kedar Gouri Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kedar Gouri Temple
People normally club together Lingaraja Temple and Udayagiri And Khandagiri Caves while planning their visit to Kedar Gouri Temple.