Asiatica Musee D'art OrientalCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 Rue Guy Petit, 64200 Biarritz, France
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-559227878
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
This museum is dedicated to the works of art and sculpture from Asiatic countries such as China, India, Nepal, Bhutan and others. The whole collection is said to be owned by a man from his travels and exhibitions. It is the 2nd largest museum of Asiatic arts in France and is a gem of a place.
The main sections of the museum are:
- China: There are 2 rooms dedicated to the Chinese masterpieces. This includes works of bronze and porcelain, ivory, stone sculptures especially of Lord Buddha, two Guanyin, a Buddha Bei Wei and large wooden lintels.
- Tibet: This is a lovely collection of bronze and other colorful objects. The thangkas of priests are the highlights.
- Nepal: This section is mostly filled with beautiful wood crafts. The special ones are those from Kathmandu of Boddhisattva and the lovely Tara.
- The Province of India: This is a long gallery with a lovely atmosphere. Here you can see mostly murals and statues of Indian deities and other kings and characters.
Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental Travel Tips
- Guidebooks in English are available here.
- A cafe inside the museum is good.
- The staff are humble and friendly.
Entrance Ticket Details For Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental
- Visit official website for more comprehensive details.
How to Reach Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental
- Bus 14 stop G. Petit
- Bus 8, 10, 13 stop Jardin public
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Biarritz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Biarritz and book an accommodation of your choice.
55.6% of people who visit Biarritz include Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
48.89% of people start their Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental
90.56% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Asiatica Musee D'art Oriental
Asiatica Musee D'Art Oriental Reviews & Ratings
Really nice art collection, small enough to do it throughly in 2-3h.
Wide ranging collection with interesting artifacts but presentation could be better.
Unique artifacts and beautifully displayed
C’est un « petit musée « mais très bien doté avec des pièces originales De quoi se cultiver et passer un moment instructif
Está bien. Interesante. Un buen lugar al que ir en caso de lluvia.