Also known as the Museum of the Sea, it is situated in the Pyrenees- Atlantique face of the Virgin of rock. This is the first museum in this region dedicated to the Biarritz Sea and it was built by Leopold Folin. The present Art- Deco Style building was publicly opened in August, 1933. The emblem of this museum is an octopus that is made with white and blue. The museum has been renovated a few times.
The main attractions you can look for here are:
- Aquarium with marine life of the Bay of Biscay.
- The 1st level is where you can get knowledge of fishing techniques, whales and hunting whales.
- The 2nd level has cave sharks and underwater view 6 seals.
- The terrace has a shop.
The additions after extension of 2011 are:
- A North Atlantic area with 6 more aquariums.
- A Caribbean area with 12 pools and a lagoon.
- An Indo- Pacific area with 7 aquariums and 2 large pools.
- An educational workshop and multimedia facilities.
- 2 scalloped hammerheads from Taiwan.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee De La Mer De Biarritz
- Adults: EUR 13.50
- Students and Children between 4-16 years: EUR 9.50
- Family: EUR 48
How to Reach Musee De La Mer De Biarritz
- You’ll have to drive to here, or hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Biarritz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Biarritz and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.57% of people who visit Biarritz include Musee De La Mer De Biarritz in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.5% of people start their Musee De La Mer De Biarritz visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee De La Mer De Biarritz
53.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee De La Mer De Biarritz