Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur
About Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur - Address, Phone Number
Address: 47225 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA 93920
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 7.3K times in trip plans
Hotel, Outdoors, Garden, Park, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Visit Big Sur’s largest state park where the hiking trails bends through redwood groves. This hiking trail is said to be one of the popular trails and it takes you to a beautiful 60 feet waterfall named Pfeiffer Falls, hidden within the woods. The waterfall is usually visible during December to May. While in summer, the fog keeps the park covered till the midday.
Other than redwood, you can see conifers, oaks, sycamores, cottonwoods, maples, alders and willows in the park.
Things to see: Wildlife – gray squirrels, raccoons, skunks, black-tail deer, birds like ouzels and belted kingfishers.
Activities to do: Hiking the trail and camping along the Big Sur River.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Information
- Sections of the camping ground is closed because some portions got damaged because of storms in December.
- Wear layered clothes as the weather keeps changing.
- All park features are protected by law and may not be disturbed. Stay on trails to avoid poison oak throughout the park.
- Protect fish nests in the river; do not move rocks, branches or other materials.
- Please do not feed wildlife.
- Pets are not allowed to use trails, the river or natural areas.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Ticket Prices
- Car parking : $10
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Open ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset.
How To reach Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park by Public Transport
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Big Sur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Big Sur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Reviews - Write a Review
sick place!!! went here last year with the family. very cool views and fresh air... perfect to come chill for weekend.. a lot of terrain to take the little ones to explore mother nature. coming here is a must if you live in California. I came all the way from Fresno.
It is the most stunning, gorgeous place to visit. Very crowded people. Parking lot charge $10 all day anywhere in Big Sur and always full parking, but it is worth going there!
Beautiful drive. Pines and green scenery everywhere. Will like to make a camping trip out here!
What a beautiful hiking spot among the redwoods. Truly a peaceful and easy place to access nature.
Beautiful park. Still recovering from the fires, so some trails are closed. Still worth it.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ventana Inn
- New Camaldoli Hermitage
- Treebones Resort
- Riverside Campground & Cabins
- Post Ranch Inn
- Big Sur Bakery
- Pfeiffer State Beach
- Big Sur River Inn
- Compagno's Market & Deli
- Allston Way Garage
- Big Sur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Big Sur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Big Sur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Big Sur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Big Sur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Big Sur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Big Sur