Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park989 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 47225 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA 93920, United States Map
- Timings: 05:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8316672315
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hotel, Outdoors, Garden, Park, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Visit Big Sur’s largest state park where the hiking trails bends through redwood groves. This hiking trail is said to be one of the popular trails and it takes you to a beautiful 60 feet waterfall named Pfeiffer Falls, hidden within the woods. The waterfall is usually visible during December to May. While in summer, the fog keeps the park covered till the midday.
Other than redwood, you can see conifers, oaks, sycamores, cottonwoods, maples, alders and willows in the park.
Things to see: Wildlife – gray squirrels, raccoons, skunks, black-tail deer, birds like ouzels and belted kingfishers.
Activities to do: Hiking the trail and camping along the Big Sur River.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Travel Tips
- Sections of the camping ground is closed because some portions got damaged because of storms in December.
- Wear layered clothes as the weather keeps changing.
- All park features are protected by law and may not be disturbed. Stay on trails to avoid poison oak throughout the park.
- Protect fish nests in the river; do not move rocks, branches or other materials.
- Please do not feed wildlife.
- Pets are not allowed to use trails, the river or natural areas.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
- Car parking : $10
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Hours
- Open ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset.
How to Reach Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Big Sur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Big Sur and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Address: 47225 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA 93920, United States
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Contact Number: +1-8316672315
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park Timing: 05:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park(preferred time): 08:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
38.63% of people who visit Big Sur include Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.97% of people start their Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
People normally club together The Esalen Institute and Bixby Creek Bridge while planning their visit to Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park.