Are you looking for what to do in Big Sur?
PLACES TO SEE
- Bixby Bridge : One of the most photographed tourist attractions of Big Sur, in California. This 714-feet long has a magnificent view of the coastline that acts as a perfect backdrop for the bridge. This scenic beauty itself makes this place popular among the travelers.
- Pfieffer Big Sur State Park : If you are looking for a place to do activities in Big Sur, this is the place you should visit. This is the largest park of Big Sur where you will get hiking trails loop through the redwood groves.
- Pfieffer Beach : Moving towards the north side of Pfieffer Big Sur State park, you will catch the glimpse of one of the best beaches of Big Sur. drive down the narrow lane and you reach near the Pfieffer Beach. The purple sand, double rock formation along the beach are some of the unique feature that makes this place so special. However, RVs and trailers are prohibited.
- McWay Falls : Travelling along the Highway 1, you will get to see McWay falls. This is one of the most popular places to visit in Big Sur. This falls is located in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, and it falls directly into the Pacific Ocean. Though going near to the falls is not possible, but the nearby locations are quite favourable to enjoy a nice weekend destination in Big Sur.
- Julia Pfeiffer Burn State Park : If you are looking for perfect destination to try out camping in Big Sur, come to Julia Pfeiffer Burn State Park. It is a state park located on the Coastline of California. The most striking feature of this park is McWay Falls. The park is field with around 300 redwoods letting to enjoy doing other activities like trekking as well.
- Point Sur Lighthouse : It is one of the dominant feature and a must place to see in Big Sur. While travelling along the Highway 1, this lighthouse will automatically grab your attention. Climbing to the top of the Point Sur, will give you a dramatic view of the coastline.
Below we have a list of things to do in Big Sur and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Big Sur getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Big Sur with confidence.