Are you looking for what to do in Bikaner?
PLACES TO SEE
Bikaner offers a lot of tourist attractions and sightseeing. Some are as follows:
- Junagarh Fort: The fort was built by Raja Rai Singh, the sixth ruler of Bikaner. It is a fort of the Bikaner royal family. You will get a chance to know about the history of the Bikaner royal family. Also has a museum which displays weapons and ornaments of previous eras. This is one of the oldest forts and was one of the few forts in India that was never defeated.
- Karni Mata Temple: A temple world famous, known for inhabiting about 20,000 rats. A local legend tells a beautiful story about why there are so many rats in there. Pay a visit to this interesting temple without the fear of being infected.
- Camel Research Centre: One of a kind institute in India which researches the camel.
THINGS TO DO
- In the camel research centre you can have camel milk and sweets prepared from the same. You can even have a camel ride for a particular amount which can be fun.
- Abhivyakti: Abhivyakti is a interesting shop, located at the entrance of the Junagarh Fort, is run by the Urmul Trust and well known for its high quality ethnic furniture (stools, chairs etc), cotton and woollen handlooms – cushion covers, durries, shawls, carpets, clothes, and knick-knacks. All these items are made by the peoples from the neighbouring villages of Junagarh Fort.
- The Khadi Emporium: The Khadi Emporium offers a variety of rugs, blankets, carvings on wood and carpets. This shop located on the Mahatma Gandhi Road of Bikaner is a favouriteattraction for the shoppers.
- Kote Gate (King Edwards Memorial Road): Leather Belts, bags, jootis (footwear) and colourful carpets made of camel wool is wide found here that too in a reasonable price. Kundan jewellery, stoned jewellery, Nokha Quilts, cotton fabrics and Bikaner famous intricate Usta art paintings are some of the other shopping items here.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bikaner and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bikaner getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bikaner with confidence.