Alhondiga Bilbao, Bilbao
About Alhondiga Bilbao, Bilbao
Alhondiga Bilbao, Bilbao - Address, Phone Number
Address: Plaza Arriquibar, 4, 48008 Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
Added 7.9K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Library, Restaurant, Entertainment, Cinema, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Alhondiga Bilbao is a multipurpose entertainment and lifestyle venue. Originally inaugurated in 1909 as a wine warehouse, it was renovated in 1994 as a ‘Culture and Leisure Centre’. Today, it consists of a cinema multiplex, a fitness centre, a library, showrooms, an auditorium, shops, and a rooftop restaurant, and is one of the hubs of Bilbao’s activity. One of the reasons why it is so popular is because everyone can find something to do here.
One of the main reasons why Alhondiga Bilbao is such a favourite among the locals is that although it was renovated fairly recently, it still retains the charm of its old building, something Spain is famous for. The ground floor has 43 columns supporting the rest of the structure, and remarkably, each column has a design of its own. It has indeed been a miraculous transformation from a winehouse to a vibrant centre of activity for the Alhondiga Bilbao, and the facilities it offers only confirms that fact.
- You can go for a swim at the gymnasium, which has the latest gadgets and technology in body building and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- The library is public and open for all, which means you can pick a book, choose a nice little nook for yourself, and read away blissfully without being disturbed.
- The movie multiplex inside the Alhondiga Bilbao showcases movies, not just from Spain but blockbusters around the world.
- There is a large art gallery downstairs which showcases different exhibitions every week.
As you can see, the Alhondiga Bilbao has something for everybody. The best thing you could do is go there without a plan in mind, be spontaneous and do whatever you feel like doing, and see how your day transforms from a good one to a great one.
Alhondiga Bilbao Information
- Most of the movies running in the cinema multiplex are dubbed in Spanish. Be sure to check the same if you’re planning on purchasing tickets.
- Although entry into the Alhondiga Bilbao is free of cost, some of the facilities, like the gymnasium and the health centre, aren’t free of cost.
- The rooftop restaurant is a favourite of tourists, as it offers an unbelievable view of the city. However, that also means that it is always busy, so pre book your table if you’re planning to visit.
- The study room in the library has free Wi-Fi enabled.
Alhondiga Bilbao Opening and Closing Hours
- Some shops inside the complex maybe closed between 2 pm to 5 pm.
How To reach Alhondiga Bilbao by Public Transport
- Buses No: 18, 26, 27,38,48,72, 76, and 77. Bus Stop- Gran Vía 62.
Restaurants Near Alhondiga Bilbao
- Asador de Aranda
- Restaurante Kalamua
- Vegetariano Garibolo
- La Alhondiga
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bilbao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bilbao and book an accommodation of your choice.
Alhondiga Bilbao, Bilbao Reviews - Write a Review
It is a nice cultural center with a spacious hall where kids can roam around. There is also a busy restaurant with some nice food. There is another fancier one on a higher floor which we did not test, though.
Beautiful community center built in an old wine warehouse. There's a library and also a gym open to the public (€ 10,40 for each visit when I was there; discounts for seniors, students, etc). The gym is one of the nicest I've ever seen in Europe. There are public restrooms throughout the facility and a large information center on the main floor. There's a parking facility (€) as well.
Super cool architecture, multifunctional space with exhibitions and a cinema. The short squat columns are really cool and you can see the pool from inside....
Impressive entrance. There are a lot of things you can do. But we only took a peek
An awesome example of great remodeling and redecoration of a historical building. As a public building it houses a sport center, pools, restaurants, bars, shops, cinemas and multimedia areas por different events.
- Nearby Attractions
- Cueva De Cucabrera
- Azkuna Zentroa
- Palacio De Yohn
- Turismo Bilbao
- Bilbao City Rooms
- Vizcaya Bridge
- Bilbao Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bilbao
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bilbao
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bilbao
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bilbao
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bilbao
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bilbao