Events and Festivals in Bilbao
- Zinegoak / Bilbao International GLT (Gay-Lesbo-Trans) Film Festival.
- St. Agueda's Day: On February 4th, a traditional historic festival, with parades of children's choirs.
- St. Blas Day: Starts 3rd Feb, a religious festival which lasts for nine days.
- Carnaval: Mid-February, full-on Bilbao party – a must do in you Bilbao itinerary.
- Semana Santa: Early April, notable 500 year old Easter festival; bull runs at the village of Zumaia.
- Via Crucis Viviente de Balmaseda: Early April, at Balmaseda about 30 km away.
- Bilbao Fantastic Film Festival: Early May, with many film screenings and related events.
- Feria del Libro / Bilbao Book Fair: Puppet shows and acknowledgement of authors who prominently featured Vizcaya in their works.
- Fiestas del Carmen en Santurce: Weeklong mid-July festival, in Santurce village, 18 km away. Boat races and sardine dishes.
- Getxo International Jazz Festival: Mid-July in Getxo.
- Festividad de La Magdalena: 22nd July, in Bermeo village about 34km away. Lots of sailing events.
- Fiestas de Santiago en Gorliz: Late July, in Gorliz, 30 km away, with many steet, sport and craft events.
- Fiestas de Andramari en Gorliz: Early August Andramari Food festival in Santurce, around 18 km away.
- Fiestas de San Nicolás de Bari: August 11th to 14th Getxo area. Lots of food, drink, sport, dancing, music and boat racing.
- Aste Nagusia: 'Big Week' in Bilbao it’s like all of the years fun put into a single week go on and put it in your vacation planner.
- Fiestas de Plentzia: Plentzia village feast, 25 km away, the event similar to the others in the area, with the addition of a fantastic beach.
- Nacional de Espana: October 12th, Spain's National Day.
- Bilbao Tango Festival: Late October.
- Festival Internacional de Titeres: Early November local storytelling festival with terrific puppet shows.
- International Festival of Documentary and Short Films (Festival Internacional de Cine Documental y Cortometraje de Bilbao / Zinebi): Major event which attracts a lot of international attention.
- Feria del Libro y Discos Vascos: Basque book fair.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bilbao
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bilbao
Private 4-hour Walking Tour of Bilbao with Local Guide3 Reviews
Duration: 4 HrsBook Now
Biarritz, Saint Jean de Luz and San Sebastian from Bilbao159 Reviews
Duration: 10 HrsBook Now
The Sanctuary of Loyola, Getaria, Zarauz and San Sebastian from Bilbao58 Reviews
Duration: 9 HrsBook Now
Arrival Private Transfer Bilbao or San Sebastian Airport to San Sebastian by Car1 Reviews
Duration: 45 MinsBook Now
May I please get the itinerary for the Basque Festival August 22 the opening day and August 23, 2020 and how to obtain tickets and the cost. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to hearing .from you.Answer Report Abuse
There is no information available about any Basque Festival taking place between August 22 and August 23. But, this year's Jaialdi Festival is scheduled to take place in Boise between July 28 and August 2, 2020. You can get the schedule by visiting the official website of the Jaialdi Festival 2020.Report Abuse