How to Reach Bilbao, Spain
The Easiest Way to Reach Bilbao
HOW TO GET TO BILBAO
- By Bus: Termi Bus Terminal has rides to Santander (75 minutes), San Sebastian (60 minutes), Madrid (4 – 5 hours). You will need to buy PESA and ALSA tickets at the ticket counter they are not sold on the bus.
- By Air: Bilbao Airport serves many European airlines. Post flights to Bilbao, you won’t find an arrival hall – you head straight to an arrival sidewalk, where you catch a bus that leaves every half hour for the Bilbao bus terminal. The 25 minute ride charges EUR 1.40. Taxis from the airport to Bilbao will charge you EUR 25 – 30.
- Biarritz Airport is where the French come into Bilbao from it’s about 90 minutes to the north of Bilbao by bus. From there you can take a PESA bus to Bilbao.
- By Train: RENFE runs to Madrid, Barcelona, Vigo. FEVE runs to Santader and Leon. Euskotren runs to San Sebastian.
HOW TO GET AROUND BILBAO
- Most important tourist information for Bilbao driving is just a bad idea - construction, hills, narrow streets and traffic make for nightmares. If you have a car, park it somewhere nice and then stick to the public transport.
- Individual metro tickets go for EUR 1.20+. If you’re going to move around a lot, get the Credit Trans card it’s just brilliant let’s you ride on all municipal transport, with discounts up to 50% on individual tickets. You can buy it at metro and tram stations, and also newspaper stands.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Bilbao and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Bilbao
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bilbao. The most preferred mode of transport in Bilbao is Walking.
Average distance: 11.89 km Average time: 40 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 46.67 min Driving 6.67 min Waiting 3.33 min Train 2 min Overall average time for 7.67 kms 58.67 min
Car 22.22%Driving 17.5 min Walking 7.5 min Overall average time for 17.5 kms 25 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 22.33 min Walking 8.33 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 14.33 kms 34.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.11%Bus 25 min Walking 3 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 6 kms 30 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Bilbao
- How to reach El Astillero
- How to reach San Sebastian
- How to reach Santillana Del Mar
- How to reach Logrono
- How to reach Burgos
- How to reach Pamplona
- How to reach Estella-lizarra
- How to reach Amoroto
- How to reach Erbera
- How to Reach Top Cities in Spain
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Madrid
- How to reach Seville
- How to reach Malaga
- How to reach Toledo
- How to reach Jerez
- How to reach Estepa
- How to reach Arrasate
- How to reach Avilés
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Sunland-tujunga
- How to reach Marktheidenfeld
- How to reach Fruit Heights