Do you revel in the angelic sounds of the opera? Perhaps you enjoy evenings spent cross legged, watching riotous comedies? Are you trying to plan an important business meeting in Spain, and you feel the right levels of peace and luxury are imperative to a successful brainstorming session? Whatever the desire, the Euskalduna Conference and Music Centre is the perfect venue. Besides being a magnificent hall that caters to business and entertainment, it is also situated near some other Basque beauties and is quite a sight to behold in itself.
Inaugurated in 1999, this modern building is considered a flagship of the new Bilbao of the 21st century. The structure stands upon the docks of the old Euskalduna shipyard and was built to resemble a ship still under construction. The Centre is 53,000 metres squared and hosts all kinds of corporate, financial, institutional, social and cultural events. With its large, spacious auditorium, numerous halls, meeting and board rooms, exhibition lobbies and well equipped service areas, it’s no wonder that this is the venue of choice for some of the region’s most important and popular events.
- From concerts and the theater to debates you can catch all kinds of programs here. Visit their website to see their show schedule and choose between Verdi operas, Les Miserables and a host of other fine shows. Its airy auditorium is known to provide fantastic acoustics.
- There are guided tours for those interested in exploring this contemporary Bilbao landmark. The various rooms are as interesting as its artistic façade and unique architecture.
- The building itself is surrounded by numerous famous museums, namely the Guggenheim, the Museum of Fine Art and the Maritime Museum. You can visit all of these interesting institutions that are conveniently located in the heart of the city, just a few minutes away from each other.
- Check out Dalì's "Terpsichore" dancing on the water.
- Free guided tours are available for the general public at 12 noon on Saturdays. Guided tours can be cancelled due to conference centre activities.
- Booked guided tours take place every day for a fee. You can book online or buy tickets on the spot at the guide at the conference centre.
- Saturday mornings, guided tours for groups (maximum 30 people) at Midday.
- Saturday afternoons and Sundays, book appointment.
- City bus lines 26, 56, 62.
- Jauregia Restaurant (Basque)
- Etxanobe Restaurant (Basque)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bilbao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bilbao and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bilbao include Palacio De Congresos Y De La Musica Euskalduna in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39% of people start their Palacio De Congresos Y De La Musica Euskalduna visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Palacio De Congresos Y De La Musica Euskalduna
58.72% of people prefer walking in order to reach Palacio De Congresos Y De La Musica Euskalduna
Good enough conference center overall. Acoustics are fine in almost every room. But it's very easy to get lost in all those "Hogwarts like" stairs and easy to lost between very spreaded rooms. Also there was an escalator working toward bottom floor without any counter one working upwards and that's just ridiculous in my opinion.
Superb architecture, very wide spaces, amazing location. The right place to take a meeting! (we were 1700 people during GSEF 2018 meeting in October)
I think the building needs some renovation, but still it works. The auditorium is impressive and it was a pleasure to listen to a concert there. It is a little hard to find your way due to the complex architecture.
Big but disorganized. Without guidance it can be a real concrete maze. Located near the city center with good accesses.
Big conference location, but with many pillars not ideal for booths. The staff was not that well organized.