The Jelling Monuments292 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 7300 Jelling, Denmark, Billund
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +45-76812250
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Monument, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
Situated around 27 kilometres from Billund, the town of Jelling is a small, picturesque place. It is famous for its Jelling Monuments. The Jelling Monuments are basically archaeological findingshaving unique historical testimony and designwhich date back to the 10th century. Due to the place of discovery of these rune stones, it is said that Denmark was born in Jelling. The stones are fondly called ‘Denmark’s birth certificate’!
The Jelling Monuments Travel Tips
- There are plans of moving the stones into a nearby museum. This might take place in early 2016.
How to Reach The Jelling Monuments
- Jelling, Vejlevej v Skovgade bus stop
- Jelling, Kollegievej v Vestergade bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Billund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Billund and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.49% of people who visit Billund include The Jelling Monuments in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
63.89% of people start their The Jelling Monuments visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Jelling Monuments
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Jelling Monuments