Ship Island136 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Gulfport Small Craft Harbor located at the Intersection of U.S. Hwy. 90 and U.S. Hwy. 49. In Gulfport MS 39501, Biloxi, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 02:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2288641014
- Ticket Price: 27 USD
- Time Required: 05:30 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Water Body, View Point, Food And Drinks, Leisure, Family And Kids, Boating
Mississippi isn’t known for its beaches, but that’s because ship Island is hidden offshore. The beautiful barrier islands, which are reached by ferry, have pristine white beaches, water perfect for a swim, and history enough to satisfy the most academically minded (the island was once used as the primary port of immigration for the French, in the 18th century). Today, the main tourist attraction here is the century and half old Fort Massachusetts. Like almost every thing in Biloxi, the island too has been catastropfically shaped by hurricanes; not only did Katrina cause significant damage to the fort, but Camille actually split the once whole island into two parts – East and West.
If you’re lucky, on the way over on the ferry, you’ll catch sight of Atlantic Bottlenose dolphins.
NOTE: The address, hours and ticket prices provided are for Ship Island Excursions.
Ship Island Travel Tips
- To get there by ferry, you’ll have to make use of Ship Island Excursions, a private ferryboat company.
- The address given is for Ship Island Excursions.
- Arrive at the ferry 30 minutes before your scheduled trip.
- Affordable food service and beach items are available on our boats and island.
- Umbrellas and chairs are available for rent on the island's south beach.
- Visa and Master Card accepted at Gulfport ticket / Island Snack Bar.
- Cash only on Boats.
- wheel chair accessible.
- Restrooms, showers, drinking water, and a shaded picnic areas available on the island.
- Restrooms are provided on boats and island.
- There is little shade on the island.
- Extreme heat and humidity mid-June through August – carry sun-block, glares, water, hat.
- you cannot camp overnight on west island.
- Fishing will require a license.
- Pets not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ship Island
- Prices are for ferries USD 17 for child 3-10 yrs.
Ship Island Hours
- March14th to May10th & August 19th to November 1st: No ferry trips on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Wednesday to Friday Depart Seaport 9am/ Depart Ship Island 2.30pm.
- Saturday and Sunday Depart Seaport 9am & 12pm / Depart Ship Island 2.30pm &5pm.
- May 11th – August 16th: Monday – Friday Depart Seaport 9am &12pm / Depart Ship Island 2.30pm & 5pm.
- Saturday Depart Seaport 9am, 10.30am & 12pm / Depart Ship Island 1pm, 2.30pm & 5pm.
- Sunday Depart Seaport 9am and 12pm / Depart Ship Island 2.30pm & 5pm
How to Reach Ship Island
- The Ship Island Excursion Ferries
- Snack bars on the island
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Biloxi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Biloxi and book an accommodation of your choice.
26% of people who visit Biloxi include Ship Island in their plan
90.83% of people start their Ship Island visit around 09 AM
5 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 5 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Ship Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ship Island
Ship Island Reviews & Ratings
Not really worth the money or the ride. It’s a novelty and alright at best. For me personally it’s no different than most of the beaches around that area, the beach is still gross and the water is still dirty. I was hoping for something nicer and more appealing. The boat ride is pretty long. Crabs were out and that was cool to see.
I booked this tour as an anniversary gift. I must say we both really enjoyed it. The crew was SUPER nice and friendly. The boat was clean. And we did see dolphins!! I would definitely book again.
Go every year! Love the Boat ride get to see dolphins on way to island. So relaxing. It's an all in one adventure. Cant beat the prices. We always rent the chairs/umbrella. Beats having to carry all the excess yourself. Wonderful experience for the whole family.
A nice place for a weekend getaway. Only an hour away from gulfport. The company offering the excursion has very warm and professional staff. Affordable too!
We went on the Blues Party Cruise expecting to listen to 'blues music'. It was NOT blues. We only recognized one song during the entire evening. The upper deck was way too crowded and extremely hot because of that. The lower was really set up for just relaxing to the music. The food provided was pretty good, but people were filling up plates like they hadn't eaten in a month! It was supposed to 'snack' not dinner. We were disappointed in how the cruise was represented as a Blues Cruise!
is there a golf cart ride down to the beach for someone with a knee problem?Answer Report Abuse
I think You will have to ask at the visitor center nearby to confirm if there are any golf carts around here.Report Abuse