The Historic Redding House176 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 770, Jackson Street, Biloxi, MS 39530, United States Map
- Phone: +1-2282074276
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Educational Site, Book Shop
This is the only surviving mansion in Downtown Biloxi, and the best example of Colonial Revival houses in all of Southern Mississippi. Commissioned by Charles Walter Redding, the house was built at Jackson Street specifically to keep it far away from destructive storms. The building is listed on the listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Highlights are:
- Corinthian columns of cypress wood
- Palladian- arched
- Curved porches
- Grand entrance staircase
- The two-story central hall entryway designed to enhance for indoor weather control.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- White exterior, rose-colored plaster walls interior.
- Artefacts from the civil war.
- The crystal chandeliers, stained glass windows and hand-painted mural ceilings.
Today, the house is a popular spot for weddings in Biloxi, though you can also hire it out for Corporate Events.
The Historic Redding House Hours
- Recommended time to visit is 12pm to 3pm.
- Half Shell Oyster House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Biloxi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Biloxi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Historic Redding House Address: 770, Jackson Street, Biloxi, MS 39530, United States
- The Historic Redding House Contact Number: +1-2282074276
- Time required to visit The Historic Redding House: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
22.06% of people who visit Biloxi include The Historic Redding House in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
55.56% of people start their The Historic Redding House visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Historic Redding House
74.29% of people prefer walking in order to reach The Historic Redding House
People normally club together Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Biloxi and Biloxi Lighthouse while planning their visit to The Historic Redding House.
The Historic Redding House Reviews & Ratings
what is the charge to tour the Redding house and what are the hoursAnswer Report Abuse
The Historic Redding House is now permanently closed for the public.Report Abuse