Birmingham Hippodrome, Birmingham
About Birmingham Hippodrome, Birmingham
Birmingham Hippodrome, Birmingham - Address, Phone Number
Address: Hurst St, Southside, Birmingham B5 4TB, United Kingdom
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Entertainment, Ballet, Performance, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Welcome to the Birmingham Hippodrome- the busiest theatre in the United Kingdom! It is best known as the home stage of the renowned Birmingham Royal Ballet, but it also stages some fantastic productions from around the world, be it an opera company, a glitzy West End theatre production or even a hilarious comedy.
The Birmingham Hippodrome has been around since 1895, but after undergoing major renovations in 2001, it now sees an annual attendance of over 600,000 people. It has seen some of the most famous theatre productions in recent times, including Wicked, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Lion King, Mary Poppins and We Will Rock You, to name just a few. It also hosts dance troupes from all over Europe, not to mention musicals and media events as well.
The Birmingham Hippodrome also hosts free outdoor performances from time to time, which includes a range of exciting theatre, music, dance and circus performances.
If you book a ticket for an opera performance, you are entitled to a free pre performance talk which gives you an expert introduction to the world of opera, giving you everything you need to enjoy the show.
The Hippodrome is the first theatre in the UK to be registered to ISO 14001, an international standard for Environmental Management Systems, which makes it one of the most eco-friendly attractions in the country.
To put it in a nutshell, the Birmingham Hippodrome is the one stop where all performing artists are dying to play in United Kingdom. Check out the schedule and book your ticket for your favourite production today, and prepare yourself for one enchanting evening.
Birmingham Hippodrome Information
- You can find out everything you want to know about the show you’ve just watched by asking the cast and creative team themselves. All you have to do is turn up after the performance.
- To get the best view of a theatrical performance, try booking seats a few rows behind the front row.
- Instead of parking on the adjacent street, use the Arcadian Car Park, directly opposite the Hippodrome, as it is much safer and has easy access to the theatre.
- For a truly spectacular experience, you can avail of the Hippodrome’s many theatre packages, which include VIP, Stage Side and Royal Box seating arrangements and a scrumptious meal.
- Private dining is available for parties exceeding ten people.
- Don’t worry about spending on refreshments once inside the Hippodrome, as the food and drink is quite reasonably priced.
- If the food inside the Hippodrome doesn’t satisfy you, try out one of the numerous restaurants nearby.
- Public Transport: On exiting Moor Street station, use the crossing on the left hand side, rather than the one to the right, and cross over the road towards the Bullring. Follow the road around to the right and walk underneath the underpass. On exiting the underpass, keep walking straight down the road past an entrance to the Bullring and Debenhams on your left hand side. Walk straight down to the traffic lights. Turn left here, crossing Smallbrook Queensway and onto Hurst Street. One hundred yards on the right side is the theatre. Distance approximately 0.5 miles, 10 minute walk.
Birmingham Hippodrome Ticket Prices
- Ticket prices at the Birmingham Hippodrome vary according to the various events.
Birmingham Hippodrome Opening and Closing Hours
- The Birmingham Hippodrome hosts many live events, both indoor and outdoor.
Restaurants Near Birmingham Hippodrome
- Ming Moon Restaurant
- Le Truc
- New Sum ye
- Las Iguanas
- Cafe Soya
- Hippodrome Circle Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Birmingham before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Birmingham and book an accommodation of your choice.
Birmingham Hippodrome, Birmingham Reviews - Write a Review
I went to the matinee performance of Crazy for you today. I would advise going early as the theatre is very big so it will take time to find your way around. However the theatre staff levels are high and all staff are friendly and helpful. The show itself was wonderful. The only complaint I have is the high price of a bottle of water, £2 for a small bottle. However a theatre visit is usually a rare treat and my friend and I left the theatre on a high. I highly recommend seeing a show at this venue. You won't be disappointed.
Fantastic theatre, very easy to get to from Grand Central/New Street station and car parking is available nearby. Home of Birmingham Royal Ballet and also gets lots of touring shows from the West End, plus opera and other dance performances. Price is usually higher than other theatres in Birmingham but always a quality show. As with most theatres, could use more toilet facilities for women as there is always a very large queue that never seems to be gone by the end of the interval
Great venue, very modern inside. The bars get crammed before and during the interval. I recommend going upstairs because it tends to be less busy. The staff are very friendly and disabled access is great. The seating inside is good compared to some other theatres such as in London. Getting there is very easy, car is handy because parking is surrounding the area. This part of the city is very diverse so you can grab food and drink in lots of places just outside the theatre. The prices are what you expect from a theatre. The toilets are nice and clean.
Fantastic took 3 elderly ladies parking was simple close and cheap. Easy access to venue. Cheap Drinks (£2. For coffee) lovely surroundings. Comfortable seats. Grate staff who were very helpful. Easy access to toilets. Superb visit.
Great theatre and enjoyed a visit to the restaurant on this trip too. Would always recommend as a place to visit if a theatre-lover visiting Birmingham. Friendly and helpful staff, relaxing and clean environment. A jewel in Birmingham's crown and one of the best stages outside of London
- Nearby Attractions
- The Figure Of Eight
- Genting Casino Edgbaston
- Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre
- Bbc Backstage Tour
- Selfridges - Bullring Birmingham
- Cadbury World (birmingham)
- Paradise Circus Queensway
- The Garrison
- B B C Interiors
- Homer Street
- Birmingham Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Birmingham
- What to See in 48 Hours in Birmingham
- What to See in 72 Hours in Birmingham
- How to Spend 5 Days in Birmingham
- How to Spend 6 Days in Birmingham
- How to Spend 7 Days in Birmingham