National Sea Life Centre493 Votes Currently Open
- Address: The Waters Edge, Brindley Pl, Birmingham B1 2HL, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-8714232110
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Children Museums, Aquarium, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
The National Sea Life Centre is Birmingham’s finest aquarium, with over 60 marvellous displays of life from the fresh waters and the great wide ocean. The aquarium houses an enormous 1 million litre ocean tank, which can be explored with a mindboggling, fully transparent underwater tunnel. Take a walk you’ll never forget and see giant green sea turtles, blacktip reef shark and many more majestic creatures swim past your head.
Voted Aquarium of the Year in 2004, the National Sea Life Centre first opened in 1996, and has been adding to their enviable collection of sea life ever since. It also has exciting ocean themed games and birthday celebrations for children, ensuring that this is a place that they’ll never want to leave.
The aquarium has an extensive seahorse breeding program, with newly bred seahorses made available to the public for viewing.
One of its most famous exhibits is that of the giant octopus, along with hammer head sharks, stingrays and otters.
Don’t forget to visit the Sensorama 4D theatre, which is such an immersive experience that you’ll not only be enjoying a 3D perspective of the ocean, but you’ll actually be able to feel the wind and smell the seaweed.
They recently also opened the Penguin Ice Adventure habitat, which is home to a colony of Gentoo penguins.
Visit the National Sea Life Centre to look at the marine world in a way you’ve never seen before. You’ll be sure to leave with a new found love for the ocean. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Birmingham itinerary 1 day.
National Sea Life Centre Travel Tips
- The centre is fully accessible to wheelchairs throughout.
- It is preferable to book tickets online as the aquarium has a limited capacity and you may not get tickets on busy days.
- The tunnel can get cramped during peak hours, so try planning your trip as early in the day as possible.
- Don’t hesitate to engage the staff in conversation as they can give you valuable information on marine life.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Sea Life Centre
- Children under 3 years- free; Rest- £20.95 per head.
- You can save upto 40% on the price of the ticket by booking online.
How to Reach National Sea Life Centre
- By Train: Nearest stations are Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Snow Hill - follow walking signs for the ICC and the NIA.
- By Bus: Any bus to Birmingham City Centre and follow walking signs for the ICC and NIA. Buses serving Broad Street, include numbers 1, 9, 10, 22, 23, 24, 29, 29a, 126.
- Malt House
- All Bar One
- Handmade Burger Co
- Blue Mango Indian
- Loves Restaurant
- The Flapper
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Birmingham before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Birmingham and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.15% of people who visit Birmingham include National Sea Life Centre in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
66.67% of people start their National Sea Life Centre visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see National Sea Life Centre
50.49% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Sea Life Centre
National Sea Life Centre Reviews & Ratings
Hello, How do we get 4 tickets at the 40 percent off? thank youAnswer Report Abuse
The tickets you are asking about are usually combo tickets that allow a visit to the Sealife as well as Legoland. You can book these tickets from their official website. The process starts 24 hours in advance online.Report Abuse
can i use my free return voucher if i don't bring my grandson who was under 3Answer Report Abuse
There might be different types of vouchers. So, to avoid any confusion, I think it would be better to call National Sea Life Centre directly on 44-8714232110.Report Abuse