Chipchase Castle20 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2 Chipchase Castle Cottages, Wark, Hexham NE48 3NT, UK, Warkworth, United Kingdom Map
- Phone: +44-1434230203
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids
The Castle is a 17th century Jacobean mansion which has a 14th century Pele tower. The castle was acquired by the Heron family when the marriage of Walter Heron got solemnized with the Heiress of Chipchase. However, owing to financial loss the mansion had to be sold out in 1821 and its ownership fell into private hands. They left no stone unturned for its maintenance. You can visit the castle in June but the grounds remain open throughout the year. When you look around the castle, you will see large and quaint rooms. Castles are supposed to be larger than life you will get so the same experience here.
More about Warkworth
Fine Accommodation options like Eshott Hall, The Village Inn and Roxbro House will meet your requirement of where to stay in Warkworth.
Chalk out the best way to discover the city with Warkworth vacation packages. Check out various modes for how to reach Warkworth.
How to Reach Chipchase Castle
- Rented Car/Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Warkworth before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Warkworth and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chipchase Castle Address: 2 Chipchase Castle Cottages, Wark, Hexham NE48 3NT, UK, Warkworth, United Kingdom
- Chipchase Castle Contact Number: +44-1434230203
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!