Blackpool Tower, Blackpool
Blackpool Tower, Blackpool - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: The Promenade, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 4BJ, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 50 GBP
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
View Point, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Performance, Stage Show, Cinema, Tower, Observation Deck
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Blackpool Tower, Blackpool
The tower is always a bit of a surprise to its visitors! For one, it was built in 1894, by some inspired by the Eiffel Tower. And though it never gained quite the fame of it’s Parisian predecessor, it made up for it by providing a lot more to do. The following are the highlights of the tower.
- Blackpool Tower Eye: A short 4D cinema experience followed by a stroll over a transparent skywalk – ceiling to floor uninterrupted views from over a 100 metres above the ground. Subject to weather conditions.
- Blackpool Tower Circus: Crazy and funny acrobatic stunts. April – November only. Book tickets online at least 24 hours in advance.
- Blackpool Tower Ballroom: Immerse yourself in a beauty that’s immensely stylish and charming. A brilliant dance floor, a famous Wurlitzer organ and high tea. Check out your options online.
- Blackpool Tower Dungeon: Hilarious, scary and out and out brilliant, this terrific production has no equal anywhere else.
- Blackpool Jungle Jim: Think Temple Run, with some Tarzan thrown in. Enough said.
That’s not all. If you pay GBP 500, you can even light up the Blackpool tower’s 25000 lights exactly as you wish. If you’re hungry, you can visit the Blackpool Tower Burger Kitchen.
Blackpool Tower Information
- Activities might have their own timings that change from month to month.
- Tower Circus is open April – November only.
- It’s way, way cheaper to buy the tickets online, almost half the price.
- You can buy combination tickets of just two or three attractions too.
- Tickets are valid for 90 days. There are no refunds.
- The Ballroom Balconies are available at a small nominal charge.
- The circus and other shows might use bright strobe lights. Seizure risk people should be wary.
- There is wheelchair access for all sections except the Ballroom Balconies.
- Each attraction has it’s own toilet. There is also a toilet close to Burger Kitchen on Level 5.
Blackpool Tower Ticket Prices
- GBP 40 for a child.
- Combination tickets with Sea Life and Madame Tussauds are for EUR 90 (Adult) and EUR 65 (Child).
- Tickets can be purchased individually for each attraction, Eye Adult: GBP 13; Child: GBP 10; Circus Adult: GBP 17; Child: GBP 14; Ballroom Adult: GBP 10; Child: 1 ticket free per adult; Dungeon: Can only be had in combination with others; Jungle Jim Adult: 2 ticket free per child, Child: GBP 6.50.
- Free: Entering, Sea View Terrace Intergalactic, Games Zone, The Eye & The Dungeon shops and The Blackpool Tower Burger Kitchen.
Blackpool Tower Opening and Closing Hours
- Check timings and availability very carefully before going.
How To reach Blackpool Tower by Public Transport
- Blackpool North Train Station is a 5 minutes walk away.
- Bus 1, 11, 12, 22, 649 stop Promenade (Blackpool), by Sands.
- Bus 14, 17, 22 stop Promenade (Blackpool), Bank Hey Street (Stop 2).
- Tram: Seafront Tram to Blackpool Tower Stop.
Restaurants Near Blackpool Tower
- Burger Kitchen
- Harry Ramsden’s
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Blackpool before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blackpool and book an accommodation of your choice.
Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Reviews - Write a Review
The queues to get in were long, but well managed. Displays and videos, photo ops and such made it child friendly. The views from the tower are spectacular and definitely worthwhile. If you just want the tower you can skip any of the displays. The glass floor, with a dizzying several hundred feet view below your feet is unnerving and excellent.
I really enjoyed my time in Blackpool. The beach was nice to visit as the sea and sand had me nostalgic of past visits to other beaches. I went when the Blackpool tower lights were switched on and its amazing at night. Lots of lights to see in Blackpool. The rides are fantastic. There are a range of stores to visit there. Another thing that's good about Blackpool is that the trams are clean and run smoothly. It is a family friendly place. Also, the fish and chips were fresh and delicious.
Brilliant day out, a pleasant surprise indeed. I would highly recommend the circus with acts from all over the world, which is sure to keep all the family entertained. The Blackpool Tower 4D experience is also very good. The ballroom is looking a little shabby but enjoyed by the older generations.
Tower Ballroom afternoon tea what a great experience. Service was good, food was lovely. Even if you don't dance, watching others dance is still fun. If you get there too early your ticket allows access to the balcony so you can watch and buy a drink. Not 5 stars - no offer of water to top up teapot. Shame for those who can dance not to be able to request one dance with a partner. I don't dance but my friend can. Would have made her 80th birthday treat even better with a dance.
This was brilliant, my 2 year old all the way through to my 72 year old Dad enjoyed it. The 4d cinema was great and there was loads of room and levels to take in the vista at the top. Only down side was the ticketing set up. We queued up for a hour just to collect our pre paid tickets. We also didn't find out until we were inside that there was a amusements and a bar were the rest of our party could of waited instead of getting soaked in the rain.