Blackpool TowerCurrently Closed
- Address: The Promenade, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 4BJ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1253622242
- Ticket Price: 50 GBP
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Performance, Stage Show, Cinema, Tower, Observation Deck
Blackpool Tower - Review
The tower is always a bit of a surprise to its visitors! For one, it was built in 1894, by some inspired by the Eiffel Tower. And though it never gained quite the fame of it’s Parisian predecessor, it made up for it by providing a lot more to do. The following are the highlights of the tower.
- Blackpool Tower Eye: A short 4D cinema experience followed by a stroll over a transparent skywalk – ceiling to floor uninterrupted views from over a 100 metres above the ground. Subject to weather conditions.
- Blackpool Tower Circus: Crazy and funny acrobatic stunts. April – November only. Book tickets online at least 24 hours in advance.
- Blackpool Tower Ballroom: Immerse yourself in a beauty that’s immensely stylish and charming. A brilliant dance floor, a famous Wurlitzer organ and high tea. Check out your options online.
- Blackpool Tower Dungeon: Hilarious, scary and out and out brilliant, this terrific production has no equal anywhere else.
- Blackpool Jungle Jim: Think Temple Run, with some Tarzan thrown in. Enough said.
That’s not all. If you pay GBP 500, you can even light up the Blackpool tower’s 25000 lights exactly as you wish. If you’re hungry, you can visit the Blackpool Tower Burger Kitchen.
Blackpool Tower Information
- Activities might have their own timings that change from month to month.
- Tower Circus is open April – November only.
- It’s way, way cheaper to buy the tickets online, almost half the price.
- You can buy combination tickets of just two or three attractions too.
- Tickets are valid for 90 days. There are no refunds.
- The Ballroom Balconies are available at a small nominal charge.
- The circus and other shows might use bright strobe lights. Seizure risk people should be wary.
- There is wheelchair access for all sections except the Ballroom Balconies.
- Each attraction has it’s own toilet. There is also a toilet close to Burger Kitchen on Level 5.
Blackpool Tower Ticket Prices
- GBP 40 for a child.
- Combination tickets with Sea Life and Madame Tussauds are for EUR 90 (Adult) and EUR 65 (Child).
- Tickets can be purchased individually for each attraction, Eye Adult: GBP 13; Child: GBP 10; Circus Adult: GBP 17; Child: GBP 14; Ballroom Adult: GBP 10; Child: 1 ticket free per adult; Dungeon: Can only be had in combination with others; Jungle Jim Adult: 2 ticket free per child, Child: GBP 6.50.
- Free: Entering, Sea View Terrace Intergalactic, Games Zone, The Eye & The Dungeon shops and The Blackpool Tower Burger Kitchen.
Blackpool Tower Hours
- Check timings and availability very carefully before going.
How To reach Blackpool Tower by Public Transport
- Blackpool North Train Station is a 5 minutes walk away.
- Bus 1, 11, 12, 22, 649 stop Promenade (Blackpool), by Sands.
- Bus 14, 17, 22 stop Promenade (Blackpool), Bank Hey Street (Stop 2).
- Tram: Seafront Tram to Blackpool Tower Stop.
Restaurants Near Blackpool Tower
- Burger Kitchen
- Harry Ramsden’s
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Blackpool before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blackpool and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Blackpool Tower
95% of people who visit Blackpool include Blackpool Tower in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
58.02% of people start their Blackpool Tower visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Blackpool Tower
91.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blackpool Tower
Blackpool Tower Trips
Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Reviews
Great place to go for a day out. Have been here more times than i can remember and enjoyed every time never tire of a trip up to the top. Good fun for the kids too. Ballroom worth a visit. Circus is fab worth paying a little extra for front row seats to get the extra leg room the price of a front row tickets includes a drink and popcorn or ice cream.
This is for the circus only If you like queues you'll love this! We went to the 1 pm performance and as we had not got tickets on line had to queue for tickets , then entrance ,then security. Having said that it was well worth it. The show was great for all ages. I took my 10 year old grandson and we both enjoyed it. A word of warning The steps are steep especially up to the balcony. Toilets are old and a bit scruffy. We used a special offer from cereal packets which gave us a free adult when buying a child ticket. These are readily available and make this affordable.
Visited the Ballroom, the circus and the Tower itself. The Ballroom could use a bit of love as it's a bit on the shabby side, but it was fantastic to visit such a culturally historic venue for some dancing fun. The circus was great and I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. The Tower's 4D experience was a wonderful reminder of Blackpool's history while showcasing the modern incarnation. The glass floor at the top might not be for everyone, but if you can pluck up the courage it offers an amazing view of Blackpool and its surroundings.
Impressive cinema experience and fabulous views. The 6 attraction ticket well worth its cost. I love Strictly so ballroom visit was a must do and grandchildren appreciated play area. Son in law not good with heights but managed well. X
Well if you are in Blackpool and if you haven't already visited this iconic landmark and tourist attraction then it should be on your list to do. Blackpool Tower sits on top of a beautiful building containing bars, restaurants, The 380 Bar and two world famous attractions, the being the Blackpool Tower Circus and the second being the famous Blackpool Tower Ballroom, where Strictly Come Dancing 💃 is filmed. Great place to people watch. Then you have the tower itself, well worth the journey in the lift to the top of the tower, especially on a clear day when the views are spectacular. 👍👍👍👍