Blackpool Zoo480 Votes Currently Open
- Address: East Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire FY3 8PP, United Kingdom, FY3 8PP
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:45 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1253830830
- Fax: +44-01253830800
- Ticket Price: 16 EUR
- Tags: Wildlife Sanctuary , Zoo, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries, Landmarks
Quick facts: 32 acres, 1500 animals, and lot of up close and personal activities.
Primary Exhibits of the Zoo Include:
- The Elephant and the Reptile House – pachyderms, caymans, anacondas, piranhas, rattlesnakes and poison dart frogs
- Gorilla mountain – 5 big apes
- Lemur Wood – ring-tailed, red-ruffed and red-fronted
- Active Oceans – sea lions and penguins
- Big Cats – African Lions and Siberian tigers
- Amazonia – South American dwellers
- Wold Ridge – just three wolves from Iberia
- Wallaby Walkout – wallabies and kangaroos
- Children’s Farm – up close and personal with donkeys, pigs, geese, rabbits, cows, llamas, chickens, ferrets, guinea pigs, pygmy goats, reindeer and Ouessant sheep.
- Dinosaur Safari - hirty life-size, fiberglass statues of extinct animals
There other animals too, such as red pandas, meerkats, Bactrian camels, Oriental small-clawed otters, South American tapirs, aardvarks, mountain zebras, red river hogs, cottontop tamarins, Bornean orangutans, great grey owls, barn owls, Von der Decken's hornbill, rainbow lorikeets, ostriches, Eastern white pelicans, Egyptian tortoises, Nile monitors, royal pythons, White's tree frogs and giant African land snails.
Some of the activities arranged by the zoo let you work as a keeper for a day, clean out the big cat pens, adopt an animal for a year, feed a lemur, train your own bird or sealion, or just have a meet and greet with some of the animals.
Children’s activities provided at the zoo:
- Mini train ride from the Blackpool Zoo that take you through a safari.
- Orang-u-tangle play area
- Mini golf
- Inflatables – have the kids bounce their energy away.
Blackpool Zoo Travel Tips
- Tickets are cheaper of booked in advance online.
- Ticket Prices and hours change day to day. Check with zoo website for the particular day of your visit.
- Not allowed: Bikes, rollerblades, scooters and footballs
- Dogs not allowed.
- Check website timings for feed times.
- Wheelchairs are available at the reception. The zoo is fully wheelchair accessible.
- There are toilets for the disabled.
- Talking tours can be booked for blind visitors one week prior to visit.
- There are kennels to keep you dogs in.
Entrance Ticket Details For Blackpool Zoo
- Seniors : £13.99, Student : £13.99, Child (aged 3-15 years) : £11.50
- Disabled : GBP 9.25, Carer of Disabled : GBP 9.25, Disabled Child : GBP 7.75
- Car parking available at £2.50 per car per day. Carry exact change.
Blackpool Zoo Hours
- Closes at 05:45 pm (Last week March – Last Week August).
How to Reach Blackpool Zoo
- Bus 16 and 20 stop Blackpool Zoo.
- Bus 2, 5, 74, 76, 84 stop Victoria Hospital (10 minutes walk).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Blackpool before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blackpool and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Blackpool include Blackpool Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
39.64% of people start their Blackpool Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Blackpool Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blackpool Zoo