Pleasure BeachCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 525 Ocean Blvd, Blackpool, Lancashire FY4 1EZ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-8712221234
- Ticket Price: 22 GBP
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Amusement Park, Theme Park, Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Leisure, Family And Kids
Pleasure Beach - Review
The Pleasure Beach is Blackpool’s largest and most popular amusement park. In fact, it is the most visited tourist attraction in the United Kingdom, and one of the twenty most visited amusement parks in the entire world!
Over 5 million people visit the Pleasure Beach every year and enjoy almost forty different fun filled rides. Did you know that they have ten rollercoasters alone? These include the Big One, which was once the highest rollercoaster in the world, and the Infusion, the world's first suspended looping coaster entirely over water.
Other attractions that you have to check out when you’re at the Pleasure Beach are the Hot Ice Show, a skating extravaganza that often features Olympic level ice skaters performing at the arena that always leaves the audience astounded.
The Valhalla, which claims to be one of the biggest rides in the world, is the most expensive in house attraction on the planet, taking £15 million. And these are just a select few of a huge number of rides that are guaranteed to keep you hooked and dizzy for hours.
The park has many restaurants, including an ‘Italian Job’ themed restaurant, and Britain’s biggest Burger King outlet.
They have a themed section called ‘Nickelodeon Land’, with smaller rides and attractions aimed at younger children and teens. The park also has the ‘Ghost Train’, a famous dark themed ride that was built way back in 1930.
Now you know that the Pleasure Beach isn’t just the biggest amusement park in Britain, but it is also one of the most thrilling attractions that the country has to offer. There is something to keep everyone in the family enjoying themselves for hours, and is definitely worth taking an entire day out for.
Pleasure Beach Information
- You can purchase an all you can eat or all you can drink pass along with your ticket, which entitles you to unlimited food within the park’s premises.
- You are also entitled to a ‘rainy day return’, which lets you return to the park next day for free if it rains consecutively for over three hours.
- It is recommended going there towards the end of summer in order to avoid the large crowds in peak season.
- Some of the rides go higher and faster than they look- you have been warned!
- Small and medium lockers are available for storing belongings and valuables, but you can also rent a bigger locker on request.
- Make sure you don’t get on the water rides too late in the day, or you’ll probably be going home soaked.
Pleasure Beach Ticket Prices
- On purchasing the tickets online, visitors can avail discounts of up to £8 per ticket.
- Children: £19.99
Pleasure Beach Hours
- Check the calendar available on the website to stay updated on any changed times and holidays.
How To reach Pleasure Beach by Public Transport
- By Rail: regular train services run to Blackpool North and direct to Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s own mainline station via Preston.
- By Tram: Pleasure Beach has its own tram stop located just outside the entrance.
- Buses No: 1, 12, 14, 16, 61 go to Pleasure Beach (Blackpool), by Napier Avenue.
Restaurants Near Pleasure Beach
- Jade Delight
- Burger King
- The Burlington
- Carousel Hotel
- Lee Raj
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Blackpool before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blackpool and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pleasure Beach
95% of people who visit Blackpool include Pleasure Beach in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.67% of people start their Pleasure Beach visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Pleasure Beach
72.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pleasure Beach
Pleasure Beach Trips
Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Reviews
We absolutely love the Pleasure Beach and bought annual passes for it this year. ICON is AMAZING and the park has made so many brilliant changes this year. We love that the Pleasure Beach stays open late during fireworks nights and the All you can eat and drink package is great value for money for a 12 hour day. With the mix of older and newer rides here, the Pleasure Beach is always a fun day out. It's unique in its own way and that's one of the main reasons we love going. 🙂
Always been a family favourite. If you come at the right time you won't spend long at all in queues, however some days, especially weekends can be busy. Has a great selection of big and small rides and is suitable for all ages. Food is good quality and cheap. Arcades are nice but many of the game machines are broken or don't accept the new 1 pound coins. All in all I definitely recommend a visit as it has some great rides.
Nice compact amusement park. A huge plus for us because of the old rides like the Big Dipper and the Grand National coasters for using handbrake (handles), that was amazing. But of course also Icon, great coaster, the Big one and lots more. There's enough to do and we enjoyed it very much! We suggest buy a wristband and no individual tickets, saves a lot of money. Don't buy Fast pass, half an hour was the longest time we had to wait.
Brilliant fun day out. The place is amazing a mixture of genuinely vintage rides (the flying machines opened before 1910!) and some amazing newer ones. The Big One and the Avalanche were personal faves. There are also lots of rides that are family fun and experiences. All of the staff were lovely and attentive and super friendly. We didn’t book in advance so it is a little pricey. I definitely recommend booking in advance online. The prices were the only downside really. We spent the whole day here and still there was lots more we could’ve done. I’ll definitely return soon. Such a good day out!
Great value day out, when booked online. Some of the food on site is a bit pricey for what you get though. Rides are fantastic, most of the staff are really friendly too. We don't go too often because of the price, due to the fact that we are a large family, it does add up! Would like to see a residents discount perhaps?!.. :)
All QuestionsPleasure beach
shows entertainment 22/23rd sept blackpoolAnswer Report Abuse
A variety of shows are held at the Blackpool Pleasure Beach on 22nd and 23rd September. I would recommend you to visit their official website to check-out their shows and events calendar. You may even call on 0871 222 9090 to inquire further.Report Abuse