Pleasure BeachCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 525 Ocean Blvd, Blackpool, Lancashire FY4 1EZ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-8712221234
- Ticket Price: 22 GBP
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Amusement Park, Theme Park, Walking Area, Food And Drinks, Restaurant, Entertainment, Leisure, Family And Kids
The Pleasure Beach is Blackpool’s largest and most popular amusement park. In fact, it is the most visited tourist attraction in the United Kingdom, and one of the twenty most visited amusement parks in the entire world!
Over 5 million people visit the Pleasure Beach every year and enjoy almost forty different fun filled rides. Did you know that they have ten rollercoasters alone? These include the Big One, which was once the highest rollercoaster in the world, and the Infusion, the world's first suspended looping coaster entirely over water.
Other attractions that you have to check out when you’re at the Pleasure Beach are the Hot Ice Show, a skating extravaganza that often features Olympic level ice skaters performing at the arena that always leaves the audience astounded.
The Valhalla, which claims to be one of the biggest rides in the world, is the most expensive in house attraction on the planet, taking £15 million. And these are just a select few of a huge number of rides that are guaranteed to keep you hooked and dizzy for hours.
The park has many restaurants, including an ‘Italian Job’ themed restaurant, and Britain’s biggest Burger King outlet.
They have a themed section called ‘Nickelodeon Land’, with smaller rides and attractions aimed at younger children and teens. The park also has the ‘Ghost Train’, a famous dark themed ride that was built way back in 1930.
Now you know that the Pleasure Beach isn’t just the biggest amusement park in Britain, but it is also one of the most thrilling attractions that the country has to offer. There is something to keep everyone in the family enjoying themselves for hours, and is definitely worth taking an entire day out for.
- You can purchase an all you can eat or all you can drink pass along with your ticket, which entitles you to unlimited food within the park’s premises.
- You are also entitled to a ‘rainy day return’, which lets you return to the park next day for free if it rains consecutively for over three hours.
- It is recommended going there towards the end of summer in order to avoid the large crowds in peak season.
- Some of the rides go higher and faster than they look- you have been warned!
- Small and medium lockers are available for storing belongings and valuables, but you can also rent a bigger locker on request.
- Make sure you don’t get on the water rides too late in the day, or you’ll probably be going home soaked.
- On purchasing the tickets online, visitors can avail discounts of up to £8 per ticket.
- Children: £19.99
- Check the calendar available on the website to stay updated on any changed times and holidays.
- By Rail: regular train services run to Blackpool North and direct to Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s own mainline station via Preston.
- By Tram: Pleasure Beach has its own tram stop located just outside the entrance.
- Buses No: 1, 12, 14, 16, 61 go to Pleasure Beach (Blackpool), by Napier Avenue.
- Jade Delight
- Burger King
- The Burlington
- Carousel Hotel
- Lee Raj
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Blackpool before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Blackpool and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Blackpool include Pleasure Beach in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
68.67% of people start their Pleasure Beach visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Pleasure Beach
72.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pleasure Beach
A proper theme park. Wait times were good and good rides. Food was a reasonable price and good quality. Big Dipper, icon, Pepsi max are brilliant rides a mix of past and present roller coasters. Could do with a few more indoor eating areas/restaurants. 🎢🎢🎢👍👍👍⭐
This place is underrated. It has some of the best rides in the UK. Plus, the little bar opposite the stage is cheap n cheerful. Lil Irish lady(forgot her name) works there, she's ab fab. Say hello to her and give her a big tip will ya :-)
My kids really enjoyed the day out. Entrance is not expensive but had to line up long on some rides. But all in all was really great. Would totally recommend. Also possible to pay more and fast track then you would not need to line up.
The park is great; family friendly with lots of attractions. However it was very busy, which wasn’t the parks fault as it was a Saturday in the middle of half term. The few rides we went on were excellent, but we didn’t get on many as the queues were massive. Also, it advertised that the park was open till 10pm, but many rides closed at 9pm (mostly thrill rides) due to setting up fireworks. If we were to return, we’d go on a quieter date.
This is the best theme park up north. Would definitely come back to do it again. I loved it so much. There's so much to do and not enough time to do it all. I would recommend if you do want to go buy the tickets online and the day before as the price goes up on the day. It's only £25 per wristband (I know that seems a lot but trust me it's the biggest lifesaver in your life) as some rides cost 15 tickets which is £15. Best deal I could find around. All in all I loved this place from minute 1. Would definitely come again
shows entertainment 22/23rd sept blackpoolAnswer Report Abuse
A variety of shows are held at the Blackpool Pleasure Beach on 22nd and 23rd September. I would recommend you to visit their official website to check-out their shows and events calendar. You may even call on 0871 222 9090 to inquire further.Report Abuse